Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCTV Vertical Coloured Lines Rolling Across Screen Interference

Originally posted by R_J View Post
    So as soon as a second channel is connected (any camera of the 16) the lines appear. If just touching the second cameras bnc to the dvr does'nt give the lines, then its nothing to do with the ground. It is likey just that the dvr has poor isolation and filtering between the video channels. when you have 2 signals that are basically the same they will will produce harmonics that will show up in the image, just like having 2 audio signals thet beat together will produce harmonics
    So are you saying my DVR is bad quality and it is causing the lines? I was thinking of upgrading it to begin with but I guess now I have a reason for it now. Now that you say that, the cameras do glitch whenever I tap the Bnc connector on the back of the DVR.

Comment

I'm not saying it is cheap, it is just that when you combine two or more of the same video signal they need to be kept seperate, If one video signal starts to combine with the other, there will be an issue. If you have a way of trying another unit that would be the best, that way you can confirm the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
        I'm not saying it is cheap, it is just that when you combine two or more of the same video signal they need to be kept seperate, If one video signal starts to combine with the other, there will be an issue. If you have a way of trying another unit that would be the best, that way you can confirm the problem.
        Do you think it is some type of power interference? Do you think having multiple cables running next to each other is messing up their power and causing interference?

Comment

If it was a power issue, then the 4 cameras on the one splitter would not have the problem, the camera power is DC so it would not cause this type of interference. The problem is with the video and having shielded cable is the way to go so there won't be any interference. Running multiple shielded cables is done all the time without a problem. Don't you have ant extra monitors around that would have video in? Connect a couple cameras straight to seperate monitors and I bet they don't show the interference.

Comment

Unfortunately I do not have any monitors supporting this type of input. I tried a video/bnc adapter but the video did not work.

Comment

I am looking to purchase a Dahua DVR but I have no idea from what seller I can purchase it from. I want it to be official and not some DVR with fake firmware or whatever from an unofficial reseller. I want to purchase it from Amazon but there are so many listings from different sellers that I don't even know which is real. For example, there are 3 different companies on Amazon named "DahuaOEM", "DAHUA", and "Dahua Technology". I would like to know which one is authentic or if any of them are even are authentic. I want to make this purchase knowing that I will be getting the right DVR and not some knock off re branded version that doesn't even have the same features and will possibly be vulnerable to being hacked. Thanks!

Comment

Most of the stuff Lorex has, is rebranded Dahua.

Comment

I am mostly interested in a DVR with Dahua software though. I also want the same Alarm IO and Smart features (face detection, missing object, smart search) that the Dahua DVR offers. It is very hard to find this with Lorex systems though. Any other suggestions?
                  Here is a link for the DVR that I am looking to buy: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072DX5417
                  The only issue is that I have no idea if the seller "Q1C1" is authorized.
                  Last edited by TornadoAlley101; 04-11-2020, 02:30 PM.

Comment

I think that you bought a defective CCTV and the better option for you would be to buy a new one.

Comment

Good day to you! The camera matrix may be damaged if such problems occur. This could have been caused by physical damage. You should contact the master to see what the possible problem is. If you have to replace the camera, then I would advise you to save a little money and buy a complete set of ajax security system. I have been using this for quite some time and so far I have not had any problems with such systems. You may find it interesting to read more on the Internet. Good luck with your camera!

Comment

To check if it's DVR, connect cameras with short wires next to DVR.

Comment

Working...
                        X