Another Panasonic TX-P42U30B no picture, green power led on constantly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Panasonic TX-P42U30B no picture, green power led on constantly

I did find a few of these in the search but seemingly not with my exact symptom.

We noticed some strange colours on the screen for a while but once "warmed up" it was behaving.

Now it will only show the green power light. On power up the green light does five rapid flashes (green not red) then goes to steady green and remains there. No response to the remote.

Going through all the threads here, my first instinct was a bad SN board - suspecting the failure of the components due to poor earth that is well documented on here, but a couple of threads suggested that as I don't have the red flashing codes, it might be the A board.

Changed the A board. Symptoms are unchanged.

Thanks to someone on here I downloaded the service guide - this has a troubleshooter that talks about the LEDs on the SN and SS boards. Neither of these boards has any LEDs that I can see.

My SN board is TNPA5349. I am considering ordering a refurbished replacement as I don't think I am competent enough to do board level component changes and there appear to be mixed outcomes anyway.

Is there anything else I should be checking? Does anyone have a picture of a TNPA5349 with the led illuminated or where it is or know why mine aren't there or aren't working?

Thanks

Re: Another Panasonic TX-P42U30B no picture, green power led on constantly

You can check the board as follows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIyHr13b5w8
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Re: Another Panasonic TX-P42U30B no picture, green power led on constantly

Thanks Dick - I checked it and the board is short circuit as are those surface mount devices - I will order a new board - just slightly worried in case there are other faults but I guess that's the gamble I have to take when I have no real idea what I am doing. There was another thread that asked about the LEDs with no answer - maybe they are on a later version of the board or something.

Comment

Working...
      X