Sony XBR-43XE800E - intermittent vertical streaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony XBR-43XE800E - intermittent vertical streaks

I've looked at LCD troubleshooting guides posted here and I haven't tackled an LCD before. There's some similarity to the gate driver issues, except the pixels aren't truly stuck (actually it really reminds me of some self-inflicted underflow/overflow artifacts from back when I used to write image processing code; anyway...)

Observations:
    • Intermittent vertical streaks of color on the panel near vertical edges in video. Still attached (am I allowed to attach video?) w/green streaks in red area, red/pink in the center.
    • Streaks always start at the same line (~4.5in from top), extending down. Final length varies from there to bottom.
    • Seems more likely to occur with darker areas in the video.
    • Does not appear specific to particular input or input resolution (SD/HD at least--don't have 4K content). Also seen on the built-in diag images & Android apps.
    • I reset the picture settings to default & turned off all the enhanced processing options I could find w/no change

Thanks for reading. Trying to decide if this is something best left to real professionals, though it might be fun.
    Attached Files
Working...
X