X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

My obligitory introduction.

My name is Dale and I hail from Michigan USA. I've a decent background in electronics years ago. Not so much now as too many years have gone by since. I have a fair amount of electronic equipment on the shelf along with a soldering station (Hakko 936) and a stereo microscope on a boom stand. I currently have a JVC JLC47BC3002 apart waiting on a EEPROM for it to arrive to see if my diag is the correct one.

The reason for joining is to garner results others have had and for any service information I can find for problems I may run into down the road on other equipment I may come across.

Regards to all and thanks for letting me in.

Comment

Hi.

It was interesting to read the first posts from 2003.
      I drove a 1987 300zx for 20 years.

I've been a programmer/analyst since the 80s.
      I also always bought, sold, and repaired computers but not often getting down to the board level.

As I approach 60, I have the time and interest to learn more skills and I came across this site. I've always tried to share any information and skills I gained and this community already presents an opportunity for me to share and learn.

Thank you,

David

Comment

Hey guys,

My name is Florian, I am from Bavaria/Germany. Yes, that's the beer drinking place where people wear leather pants…but besides that we are also quite tech-savvy ;-) Remembering my childhood, I decided to build up a retro pc for Win98 gaming. Over the last month I collected parts to build up a suitable platform for my beloved 3dfx parts. However, I figured out that it`s more than just throwing old parts into a computer case. Many of the old components need a “refresh” to be prepared for the next 20 years. As badcaps.net seems to have a very active community, I decided not just to read posts but also try to engage actively in the topics.

Regards to all, thank you!

Florian

Comment

Hello again. Here we go Hi all, my name is Johny. Just started getting in to modding laptops, it seems like a fun thing to do while sitting stuck at home while 2020 passes

Comment

hello i am high tech electronics working since 2003 soldering BGA and all software issues for cellphones and computers
            i'm here to get help with macbooks i'm new to this
            and also to share my experience and knowledge

Comment

I'm an electrical engineer who's been working in small companies over 30 years now. I found this forum looking for information to help fix a Samsung TV. Seems like there's lots of good information here, hoping I can contrigute.

Comment

Hello All Hope to have some fun here as well as learn more about computer electronics

Comment

hi there, I am a causal repair guy and glad to find this helpful place to dig into details and speak with you experienced people

Comment

Hello, my name is Gary 45years old. The covid confinement made me explore the world of repairs and electronics.

Thank you for the answers i Have already found in this forum and I am sure many more to come!

Comment

To cheap to buy another TV!!! Teach ME!!!

Good answers I have found thus far

Comment

hi I'm jet from Phillipines.
                        thanks a lot for accepting me here.

Comment

hi guys and gals

Dave here from manchester uk
                          thanks for accepting me to the forum,hoping to pick peoples brains for info and also here to learn a bit of stuff aswell

Comment

Hi all, I'm french and I'm trying to repair TVs during free time. I already repaired 5 Samsung from 2008-2011.

I think there are a lot of knowledge here so... here I am to get some !

Have a nice day

Comment

Hello All! My name is Missy, and I am from Maryland! I located a free Vizio M50-C1 on Freecycle, so I stumbled upon this forum researching things. I isolated the T-Con ribbon is my culprit. The circuits are broke. Sound, backlights all work. I do notice when the left ribbon (broken one) is unplugged the left of the screen looks perfect. So I am trying to determine if it is even salvageable at this point. I will be lurking these forums for assistance.

Thank you!

Comment

Hi I'm a consumer electronics engineer 10 years experience

Comment

Hey there!

I recently managed to fix my computer monitor on the cheap by replacing some caps thanks to these forums! I now have a separate tv screen that needs fixing and the problem isin't as straightforward so I thought I'd sign up to help me search better Maybe I'll even get to write up a thread if I can't find anything

Comment

I am also new to this Forum. I looked at several before joining this one and it was clear that the members here have the in-depth knowledge to trouble-shoot a variety of devices to the nth degree and resolve faults. I did electronics at University but did not practice it afterwards, instead moving into engineering software & design, subsequently into Project Management. I retired a few years back but often diagnose and resolve faults at home and for immediate family and I am always keen to expand my knowledge and be self-reliant. I look forward to learning from the wealth of expertise here.
                                    Chris
                                    Last edited by Varoshiotis; 10-17-2020, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Hi everyone
                                      My name is osman I'm from sudan I love everything related to electronics and laptop repair my first system was window 98 in1999, And at that time I was live in saudi arabia With my parents, I'm at 20s right now, And I stude electronics engineer field, Actually I found this beautiful forum when I was search for solution for laptop issue and I found everything I need here, Nice to meet you everyone and I look forward to help and getting help

Best regards

Osman

Comment

Hello, tried a few other forums to get help with a Vizio TV and no luck. Someone recommended this one so here I go. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi I am not sure if this is the right way to introduce myself I couldn't find a way to "post a new thread" button for this forum - so I am just using Quick Reply.

Anyway - nice to meet you all.

I'm having trouble with my Samsung Plasma TV, and tried a few things but have a new set of issues. Hoping to get some help in troubleshooting it.

Thank you all.

Comment

Working...
                                          X