X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi all

Finished my EE in 1983 and started working on computers based on S-100 Bus and Z80...Fast forward over 30 years and still in the industry

Came looking for help and direction on a repair I am attempting and got a response with the info I needed in 20 minutes!!!

Thank you and hope I can contribute too

Comment

Hey. hows it going? I'm just a simpleton when it comes to repair I build computer and repair them also. I'm having trouble with a tv now is why I'm here. hope to meet good people and to gain some knowledge while I'm here

Comment

Hello to everybody. Anonymous approach seems to me that this is really a useful forum.

Comment

very useful forum for newbies and pros.
          thanks for sharing info.
          Greetings from Norway.

Comment

your
            "New Members - please post your introductions here"
            isn't working so where do I post my first post please?

Comment

Well, I just noticed this new members introduction.
              By way of introduction; I'm Abel Adeleke. a Nigerian, I'm practically a newbie in computer repairs.
              I can format change components and a slight touch on the motherboard.
              I came across this forum while in search of solution to a motherboard problems. I'm a lover of electronics but I lack sufficient knowledge and therefore joined that I may learn through you guys.

Comment

Hi,
                I'm Shannon... I read the first halve a dozen quotes and skipped the next 728 pages of introductions... I'm pretty time poor. I'm a cable jointer by trade, up to 11kv. Dabbled in computers for some 8 or so years when I left school. I'm halfway through an associate degree in engineering. I will finish it one day.

I'm currently trying to fix my Samsung plasma TV. I'm hoping I can find enough info on there to find the problem. So far I've worked out that it's not the SMPS. Working my way to the Y sus board now and trying to work out if it's transistors that cause me issues.

Cheers!

Shannon

Comment

hello
                  my name is germamiga !

I 'm a 48 y old who studied electronics in his younger days
                  My portable system is a toshiba c875 / acer v3-772g / acer v5-571p
                  watercooling i5 2500k

my first system !!! vic 20 comodore !!!!!!!

Comment

Hi, I am a new member in this forum, I dont know how to make a post or questions to the other members of this forum? I tried a lot but I could not. Please guide me.

Comment

Love a site giving help on board level repair. Thanks y'all.

Comment

Hello everyone.
                        Im new here and hope I can find help and be helpful. My name is donfero and i have been a computer "nerd" ever since i remember. Im ready to help when i can and hope these forums are useful for everbody.

Comment

Hello All,

I'm new to this forum but from what I can tell it looks to very knowledgeable.

Quick Bio about myself, I am a former Air Force bet turned electricalengineer now turned software engineer. I reside in South Carolina and from time to time I pick up broken electronics with the hope of fixing them.

Comment

... And now I wish I had proof read my message, unfortunately I see no edit button

Comment

Hi guys,

I'm new here. As many others I'm also a tech enthusiast. I love fixing things.

At the moment I'm trying to get a dell 3008 up and running again but facing difficulties.

If anybody could help troubleshooting the PSU that's would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi,
                                my name is Jovaisa, I`m from Germany. My english is not perfect but I hope to be able to communicate here. I`m 52 y.o. and newly trying to repair my dead toshiba 42SL863 tv set.
                                I have basic electronic knowledge, but not so much experiance. Have succeded to repair some dish washers and koffee machines.
                                Wish you all the best and hope of a good time here on badcaps!

Comment

Hi everyone, *waves* my names Simon and Im getting quite addicted to tinkering in my shed with broken electronic things particularly since the birth of my first child 1 year ago. I have no formal qualifications, but am pretty good with computers, apple stuff, smart phones and plenty of experience as an AV tech. I live in South Australia and am a corporate trainer by trade! Thanks for having me! :-)

Comment

Not sure if this is the right place to make my intro(shows you how novice I am at using sites with posting). Anyway, I am a surgeon by trade but enjoy taking care of my own "stuff". I hate throwing things out but find that often getting electronics fixed out of warranty is more expensive than throwing the item out and buying a new one. If, in this case, my LG 60PZ550 TV can be fixed, it will be one less TV in the landfill. That makes me happy and helps teach my children to avoid the "throw away" mentality of our world.

Comment

New to these forums but not to badcaps.net.

Have tried a re-capping before, which did not go so well. Am stuck with the diagnosis of my latest failed board and need a higher level of assistance so have signed up.

I do like to find out how things work (will take anything apart, back together is a different story) or why they are not working but component level is definetely not my forte.

Comment

new guy here, fixing stuff since forever, registered to know more, able to post and download attachments

Comment

Hi,

I'm Josh. Back in the 90's I used to play with building computers- dual cpu, 4 disk raid drives, overclocking, video cards for gaming, etc... these days I just surf the web and check email - my playing is focused on cars and motorcycles.

I am here because my 60ZT60 TV is acting up. I think you guys can help, so I will make a post and keep my fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
                                          X