Asus P5440F dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus P5440F dead

It worked regularly, I updated the bios and it went ok, even the restart. after i replaced the nvme unit and disconnected and reconnected battery .. total dead . I already tried to flash bios and ec rom ... nothing

Re: Asus P5440F dead

You replaced the nvme while battery was connected?? Start with measuring resistance on all coils.

Comment

some caps in short
      Attached Files

Comment

Use the lowest resistance scale on your meter and measure again. It appears you are measuring in the Kohms scale so low readings will be 0 ohms.

Comment

thats it
          Attached Files

Comment

You were asked for resistance measurement and have shared voltages instead.
            FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Hi guys i have this PC that after a bad battery replacement (broken traces on battery connector) have the IC called C34AH taking 70mA and with 2 legs shorted to ground (assuming pin 2 is GND looking at other ASUS board with diofferente layouts but same chip)

the laptop is not powering on... i think that 11.5V come to this IC (data signals) burning it, anyone have an idea about the name?

very thank you!

(right now i can't remove IC because customer don't want the motherboard "touched".. not yet for warranty purposes)
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi, @Bartoloni the C34AH is from Amazing Microelectronic Corp. it is a low capacitance ESD protection array. I couldn't find the same chip, but an equivalent might be an AZC099-04S. I hope this will help you.

Comment

thank you Jarotech ...i have a C34SH from a similar ASUS board (same place near the battery connector) probably the same
                  Last edited by Bartoloni; 04-05-2023, 08:25 AM.

Comment

C34 is the device code, S is the date code and H is the control code, so it is the same chip.
                    If you look at the datasheet for the AZC099-04S, you will know the input and output of that chip.
                    Last edited by JaroTech; 04-05-2023, 09:14 AM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

very thank you JaroTech!

Comment

Working...
                      X