Hp 250 g7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hp 250 g7

When turned on, it turns on and off quickly 3/4 times, I only see flashes of light on the display, after which win starts normally, I reprogrammed the bios to the latest version, but it didn't solve it. Thank you

Re: Hp 250 g7

Remove all power. Meter in resistance mode. Check the resistance to ground of each large coil. Review any low resistance to ground as there may be a shorted cap on that local power supply.

Link or post a schematic for this logic board, if available. Have not searched for one yet. Post any silk screen markings of your logic board.

Comment

Seems like RTC fault. Check RTCRST# and SRTCRST# .

Comment

Sorry I'm not very expert what should I check specifically?

Comment

I've already suggested what to measure. If you dont know how to find out these points on mb, really i cant help.

You didnt mentioned even mb markings. Is it LA-J951P or LA-G07XX board?? In both the cases, cmos is built in the backup battery. So make sure you connect this backup battery and then insert adapter, to power it on.

If the backup battery is defective/discharged fully-then also it'll start 3-4 times before you get display.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
            I've already suggested what to measure. If you dont know how to find out these points on mb, really i cant help.

You didnt mentioned even mb markings. Is it LA-J951P or LA-G07XX board?? In both the cases, cmos is built in the backup battery. So make sure you connect this backup battery and then insert adapter, to power it on.

If the backup battery is defective/discharged fully-then also it'll start 3-4 times before you get display.
            Greetings. the mb is GPI 52 LA-J951P rev. 1.0, the battery works and I also tried with another working battery, it has exactly the defect you said that it restarts 3/4 times every time it is turned on before setting off, I made a measurement, I don't know if it was useful, put the tester tip on the pin 8 of the eprom xmcq128aigh is the other tip on a ground I don't see 3.3v there should be? Thanks 1000.

Comment

You are heading in the wrong direction. Bios pin8 will have 3.3V only after turning on.Your problem is not there as you are getting display though after 3-4 restart.

The first line of suspect is RTC circuit as suggested earlier. They are located near to SOC. Look for JCMOS or ME1 jumper point on mb.

Most of the newer mb dont have free schematic and even if schematic is available, boardview is hardly available. So you need to find out the relevant circuit by tracing with a multimeter and little bit of experience.

RTCRST# & SRTCRST# has 20K resistors and 1-2 caps neraby. SO look for something similar near SOC on your board.

Comment

I found photos and diagram, could you tell me checks to do, sorry but I'm a beginner. Thanks a lot
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by luigi55 View Post
                  i found photos and diagram, could you tell me checks to do, sorry but i'm a beginner. Thanks a lot
                  srtcrst = clrp1

rtcrst = clrp2
                  Attached Files

Comment

Now measure these 2 pads(as highlighted by@lapfix)
                    01.With battery only
                    02.With adapter only

Comment

Working...
                    X