MSI GF63 thin 9SC no display, 30s shutoff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSI GF63 thin 9SC no display, 30s shutoff

This laptop has liquid spill, some traces visible on MB of sticky remains, no corrosion. Oddly the cmos battery was only at 1.4V for 2019 machine? Used a new one.
    After some clean up with ISO, there is some life in it.
    With lcd connected but without keyb/TP, SSD, RAM, I see a short white blip at the powerled, when pushing the power button. 1 out 3 times it seems to boot, sort off: all voltages are there, powerled is orange, keyb BL is on, fans spin and rasing speed slowly, no screen, but after 30sec, shutdown.
    With ram inserted, I can't get it to boot. I tried other ram already.

Any ideas where to look?
    Attached Files

Re: MSI GF63 thin 9SC no display, 30s shutoff

Visual inspection is the key here as always with liquid damage. You need to inspect the exposed areas with microscope. There must be something bad. Also it would be nice to know at which state the sequence is stuck before it shuts down. So what voltages are present before it shuts down?
    FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Re: MSI GF63 thin 9SC no display, 30s shutoff

I can measure on all coils voltage, except 1 , the leftmost of the 6 coils at the cpu (without heatpad on the photo)
      So I have 3.3 and 5 on the coils at the right with the bog caps, ram, cpu, gpu, bat,... see orange text on the photo.

I see it also charges the battery, white led and going up in voltage 12.30V (batt says 11.4V)

I can't get the short boot while on battery. Only with mains and with or w/o battery attached. It is not even 30 sec, maybe 15s and then shutdown.

Funny that the powerled remains orange during that boot, I tought it should be white?
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X