Lg 55uk6950plb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lg 55uk6950plb

Hi everyone, I have an LG 55UK6950PLB, it started off with the LG logo then top top left hand corner HDMI2 comes up then fades away then just sound. Onboard t-con board not separate.

I found a metal can capacitor at the top of the board in line with the LVDS sockets I measured 32 volts and it dropped off, I removed the ic below it and no picture so I assume it's needed lol, but the 32v still dropped off.

I then removed IC9400 a 24 pin package and all the voltages stayed up and the screen works it's watchable besides some feint lines on the right hand side that seem to flicker depending on what's displayed like a red background or light blue for example..

I have been trying to find out what the ic is or does from what I can see the ic is
    3U=6AFHE or the F could be a warn out five I'm thinking it's a voltage regulator?

Any help would be appreciated thank you

Gary
    Attached Files
    Last edited by comptek; 10-12-2022, 01:42 PM.

Re: Lg 55uk6950plb

Not she?
    3U=xxxx - RT9553A
    (RICHTEK)
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Lotus definitely looks like a “F” looking at it again ��
      Thanks Lotas
      Last edited by comptek; 10-12-2022, 01:51 PM. Reason: Forgot to say thanks

Comment

Is there a schematic for the board as well I couldn’t find one thanks

Comment

What I posted on the marking matches, but it doesn't match the pinout and the number of pins, I only found a voltage map for it.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Lotas I will keep hold of them and check caps tomorrow maybe a cap is short knocking the ic out thanks for your help so far, and hopefully someone will have a schematic,
            The panel is likely to be faulty but it's interesting to see if I can make it better
            The lines are horizontal and evenly spaced down the screen,

Comment

By your voltages it looks like a gamma chip.
              I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Originally posted by dskall View Post
                By your voltages it looks like a gamma chip.
                Hi dskall
                The tv is working without the IC9400 in place I was just wondering what the purpose of IC9400 is just that it has flickering feint lines down one side, it's kind of watchable
                Thanks Gary

Comment

I told you what chip I think it is. Maybe some alcohol and some side lighting of the chip will enable you to read number.

Comment

I told you what chip I think it is. Maybe some alcohol and some side lighting of the chip will enable you to read number.
                    Hi Dskall, I'm well aware you suggested that it could be the Gamma ic, but would it cause horizontal lines on the right hand side of the screen, I always thought gamma ic's that have gone faulty cause a white screen….
                    My question was what does the ic in postion IC 9400 do what is it's job?

It seems to be labelled 3U=6AFHE (see photo)

Kind regards
                    Gary
                    Attached Files

Comment

Are there any schematic diagrams about for this please

Regards
                      Gary

Comment

Boost

Comment

Unless you can find a datasheet for the chip unlikely you are going to get much more help.

Comment

Unless you can find a datasheet for the chip unlikely you are going to get much more help.
                            Hi Dskall yes it seems that way doesn't it, oh well I will keep hunting

Thanks for your reply and input much appreciated

Regards
                            Gary

Comment

I have this tv on the bench & blocked ckv lines which got it to work however after 5 minutes the screen corrupted & the set switch off.
                              This was followed by the psu blinking 8 times.

Comment

Working...
                              X