No announcement yet.

PS4 lights up for a few seconds (blue led) and shuts down - non-rotating fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS4 lights up for a few seconds (blue led) and shuts down - non-rotating fan

Hello,

I have a ps4 Fat CUH-1116A, the worry is that when I got it back it turns on with the blue leds and a few seconds it turns off and you have to turn it back on and it turns off again.
    It seems to be in security.
    The fan does not turn even with a new one
    Motherboard SAB-001

Checking made:
    - New power supply block OK and even with another one always the same problem
    - PS4 metal sheet is not too screwed
    - New thermal paste and new fan
    - Voltage 12 Volts arrived on the fan, no short circuit on the 12 V
    - Memory test about 19.4 ohm
    - GPU test 19.9 OHM
    - All fuses are ok
    - Battery 3V ok
    - HDMI port no short circuit
    - All coils OK not cut
    - Impossible to switch to no-fail mode
    - Test without hard drive and with hard drive

Any idea where I can check? What do you think about the type of failure?

Thanks a lot =D

Re: PS4 lights up for a few seconds (blue led) and shuts down - non-rotating fan

Here's what I saw:

- Memory is too low 19 ohm and sure test another motherboard around 300 ohm and test removal of two MOSFETs none has a problem

- Double MOSFET test sure GPU none shorted 23 ohm same value on a functional motherboard. I'm leaning more towards a video memory issue.

Do you have any idea because when I remove one or two MOSFETs on the video memory side I always get 19 ohm. An idea ?

Comment

Re: PS4 lights up for a few seconds (blue led) and shuts down - non-rotating fan

[Memory is good 19 ohm and sure test another motherboard around 22 ohm and test removal of two MOSFETs none has a problem

- Double MOSFET test sure GPU none shorted 23 ohm same value on a functional motherboard.

Ram Samsung test the values are good in Kohm and the same value on a functional board and no short circuit.

Do you have an idea ?[/QUOTE]

Comment

When you say that it turns off after a few seconds, how many seconds are we talking?
        If it is 6 seconds and there is no fan spin, the problem is the Southbridge. Check around it and on the opposite side of the board for shorts

Comment

It lights up for a second, and I see the fan trying to start.
          I checked around the Southbridge around no short circuit all values are equal to a working board.
          Resistors all present and value ok
          I didn't find any short circuit anywhere, the mosfets are all good on the video memory side.
          2 functional power supplies and still the same problem

I have checked the values 3 times, I have been on it for 3 days lol.

Comment

It is important to be precise in describing the symptoms. There is a lightyear of difference in the normal error pattern, based on what the Console does.

After turning on the Console:
            1-2 second and it shuts down, indicates a short somewhere. If no short is found check the big caps around the APU. APU can also miss the main power because of bad solder point under APU and shuts down immediately.

6 Seconds BLOD, no fan spin. Then shuts down. Most likely Southbridge problem.

Blue blinking light "forever", no picture or possibility to enter safe mode. Can be anything, but on SAA and SAB boards, very likely a RAM failure of one of the 16 Ram Chips. It can also be a bad solder point under one or several RAM or even under the APU, and they will still be visible on your thermal camera as operating (give heat signature).

There are more errors available, like corrupt firmware etc. But in order to diagnose, it's important to know what the PS4 does. "A few seconds" is like asking "how long is a rope"

Comment

Originally posted by fab13 View Post
              It lights up for a second, and I see the fan trying to start.
              I checked around the Southbridge around no short circuit all values are equal to a working board.
              Resistors all present and value ok
              I didn't find any short circuit anywhere, the mosfets are all good on the video memory side.
              2 functional power supplies and still the same problem

I have checked the values 3 times, I have been on it for 3 days lol.
              Do the same exact testing in the diode mode on your meter and compare them this way

Here is a video that explain exactly how to it this way and why she thinks it better for troubleshooting boards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRpyHF2dfq0

I have tried this method once briefly and it I think it doable but it more time consuming

This is if you have two exactly the same boards
              Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 12-18-2022, 07:37 AM.
              9 PC LCD Monitor
              6 LCD Flat Screen TV
              30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
              10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
              6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
              1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
              25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
              6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
              1 Dell Mother Board
              15 Computer Power Supply
              1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
              2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
              All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Working...
              X