X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung QN70Q6DTA Ghost or horizontal lines after tape fix horizontal line

Hi guys

I just started fixing 4k TV few months ago. so I am still learning a lot
    I got this tv from friend complaint is ghosting or horizontal lines on image.

never saw the original symptom but I took the tv back home. the funny part is that after bringing to home, the tv worked fine no issue for 3 weeks.
    then it started to show the ghosting white image.
    I started using the tape method, but this tv does not have a T con board and it has only 1 ribbon cable from main board to the tv panel.
    it has 3 thin small boards at the bottom of the tv. connected by 2 C shape ribbon cables.
    I used this to separate the left side and right side of the tv.
    if I disconnected the C shape ribbon cable either side, there are no image showing. using the test point I was able to find the pins for clock signals CK1 to CK8
    when I taped the left side looking at the rear of the tv, the ghosting is there. if I taped the right side of the C shape ribbon covering the CK1 to CK8 the ghosting is gone but I got horizontal lines at the 1/4 bottom section of the tv. see photo 1
    I was able to remove most of the tapes but only CK7 to get very good image most of the horizontal lines were gone but there is one horizontal line across the TV. it seems it is not completed dead line. it changes color depend the image. photo 2 and 3

so my questions is, this has to be the panel issue right? I dont think is either the main board. or cable can cause 1 line?

appreciated for any help
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung QN70Q6DTA Ghost or horizontal lines after tape fix horizontal line

Oh sorry guys
    mistake
    i took again where I taped at the end. I taped on the C shape ribbon right side, it is the CLR pin.
    I image is much better as you can see on both 2nd and 3rd picture. but there is a line across
    and that line is not just black or white, it changes color according to image

I am guessing it is the panel itself right? any suggestion on what to check

Comment

Same tv, same issue. Sometimes the picture is fine though. Usually it will boot up to a clear screen then after flipping through the menu for a few seconds it will reboot to a screen like you posted in pic 1. I'm wondering if may just be the mainboard for yours as well as I can't seem to isolate the issue to either side of the panel and it sometimes works with no screen issues.

Comment

Yeah
        I am still learning to figure it out, if main board or panel. But I don’t want to spend $150 for used board then finding out still have the same problem.
        The way I am thinking, if it is the main board the problem, won’t the ghosting or lines on the image will be more larger area instead of just 1 line after I taped the right side CLR pin
        I guess I will have to read more how is the tv produce horizontal lines or images or refresh it.

Comment

If you have the same issue I have, try to tape this pin on the right side C shape ribbon
          Here is the pics
          I used the test point CLR to find the ribbon pin and covered with clear tape
          So now image looks better
          Attached Files

Comment

I will test out blocking those pins tonight. The thing is sometimes my tv boots up normal and only after using the remote does it reboot to an image with lines. I guess it could be a short somewhere but seems odd it would be able to produce a clear image at all if something was shorted on the panel boards. Unplugging each half of the panel at a time and it boots up normally but with no image just backlights. Gonna test the board tonight and see if anything is off. Again though I think we have the same issue so I'll keep you updated here.

Comment

The issue is only the screen panel! Don't buy anything!

Comment

His may be panel but I believe mine is mainboard. Mine turns on properly and displays a clear image for 5 or so minutes and then reboots to a stuttery, slow, bootloop.

Comment

zak, please, in a serious forum one can't hijack someone else's thread, don't mess up things..

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                    The issue is only the screen panel! Don't buy anything!
                    Thanks
                    I just want to make sure
                    I was guessing the panel

Comment

Working...
                    X