Acer X223HQ washed out colours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer X223HQ washed out colours

Unfortunately the second of my two Acers has just decided to start dying now after 10 years of service!

It's working but the colours are really washed out - tested it on multiple computers with exactly the same result. It only has one VGA input, which I've tested with both a direct VGA cable as well as a HDMI -> VGA adapter. Eg with Excel open you can't actually see the grid on some parts of the screen, it's just white, and resetting it/changing calibration doesn't really help.

I'm going to tear it apart shortly and report my findings - any ideas?

Many thanks

EDIT: Pictures attached - nothing obvious found. Caps are all Elites except possibly the big one. Is it possible it's just an aging panel?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by spleenharvester; 05-11-2020, 01:44 PM.
    Dell E7450 | i5-5300U | 16GB DDR3 | 256GB SSD

Re: Acer X223HQ washed out colours

Anyone got any ideas before I launch this one?

Also daft question - do I actually need to replace the foil tape that I had to peel off? It seems like the entire chassis is held to the display by bolts, so I'm not sure why this would be necessary for grounding?

Comment

You still have the other acer ? same model
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I have the GR235H still yeah - it's still in pieces, waiting for caps to arrive before I work on the backlight.

Comment

Working...
        X