This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, I am Robert from Germany and I am not a professional, just a hobby electronics technician. im here because I want too learn more about computer electronics.
    thx

Comment

Hi My Name is Sandy- This is my very first forum…. Can you believe that! My background is Spectrum- like FCC Rules and Regulations. I also have background in FAA Rules and Regulation pertaining to Spectrum and Towers. As this is my first forum I am looking to expand my PC knowledge but also I am a tinker by nature. I like to fix things instead of replacing them. I've always been a natural in my industry but lost in the PC world other than the basic. However today I am looking to fix my Backlight Inverter on my TV... See I told you I like to tinker... Away looking forward in meeting new people with more insight than I have on many things.

Comment

My name is Dominik, I repair everything that I have to, but currently I am working on a TV.
        I love retro hardwares and metal music.

Comment

Hello, im Meko Gerry
          Actually i have no idea for join this forum.. my friend send this badcaps.net link here for some reason
          Im indonesian and have a nice day all

Comment

Hello there, cool name for a site/forum... "Bad Caps", I like it!

In my case, I don't have "bad caps", but am trying to repair a good ol' Sammy LCD TV (something like 2008/2009 from my native Canada, LN40B540...).

I found some links to the circuit diagrams for the particular Inverter Board in this TV, so I'm happy to set up an account here.

A little background: I'm an Electrical Engineering (with a PhD to boot), but my whole specialization has been advanced numeric algorithms, so I blush to admit my hardware skills aren't nearly as refined as they should be.

This Samsung TV I have popped open is tantalizing in that I feel close to diagnosing the issue, TV repair newb that I am.

YouTube is great, but the prospect of looking at circuit diagrams on a site like this is even better.

Shoot me a line if you want to chat! Always happy to find fellow gear-heads.

Cheers, rjc.

Comment

Hello all , my name is Vick and I have been doing electronic repairs for around 15 years and then changed careers and I am now a fully qualified Airconditioning and Refrigeration mechanic. I got sick of the stressful component level pc board repair and all the constant reading and studying that I had to do. But electronic is in everything so you can’t totally run away from it. So hey here I am because I need help. I will post my problem soon. cheers peeps

Comment

Hello everyone!

Comment

Helo!

Comment

Hello everyone

Comment

Hello Everyone. I'm currently trying to learn basic TV repair as a hobby. Any suggestions on best place to start would be helpful.

Comment

Hi. I am Tigran, From Armenia, i am not professional. Only as hobby

Comment

Hello,
                          I'm really glad you guys are here to help me.

Comment

Hi guys I'm New here, just decided to join your lovely forums. I found this place when I was searching for Laptop BIOS and Scematics of a ASUS G75vw/vx board and General Information of many Kinds of Capacitors

Hope to have some fun here as well as learn more about computer electronics and sharpen my electronics skills.

Comment

Hello everyone - Hoping to improve my knowledge of system boards and BIOS repairs.

Looking forward to engaging with everyone!

Comment

Hello guys, just found this forum searching for boradview files, bur i found a gem of a site instead, great!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shiny1974 View Post
                                  Hello guys, just found this forum searching for boardview files, bur i found a gem of a site instead, great!!
                                  Boardview files ***

Comment

Hello everybody! Greetings from Russia with love))))). I guess I solve all my problems) with help of this wonderful place. And glad to be helpful for anybody.

Comment

Bonjour,
                                      Je suis nouvelle

Comment

Hello everyone,

I had registered 2 years ago and never write here....
                                        I am in electronic consumer and professional product repair.
                                        I have been also in measuring instruments design for a long time.
                                        Have a nice day.

Alain

Comment

A-Oh Electrotroubies 😬

At first I've to mention that this 'click HERE for a full outline of the site rules.' link in the PM isn't working but also I didn't research if this forum maybe has some issues with Safari so I can't tell who's to blame 🤷🏻😅

My electronics/technics/IT 'career' startet when my mom presented me a discarded C128D from her 'office' and shortly after that I also received my first electrical shock while digging around in that device when I had forgotten to disconnect it from main power but we've a saying here which should translate like this 'learning through pain'.

Since that time I came across many devices like arduinos and raspberry compatible boards, OpenWRT compatible routers and some modules like 3d printer controller which I used for a self build laser engraver.

ATM I work for a repair shop where we mainly assemble devices and do some software/recovery jobs but I'm absolutely interested in deeper repairs like mainboard troubleshooting and stuff.

I would not call my self a professional solderer but I would say I solder most parts with a reasonable result. Also I mostly understand the data sheets for given parts/IC's and have medium skills in schematic reading and how to use google

Unfortunately I've some problems with my attention-span and if I get bored or I get annoyed I tend to put things aside and devote myself another matter.
                                          This is also because I don't know nobody who really can help me out if I have questions because my micro circle of acquaintances has other (trivial) areas of interest🙄

That why I'm here so lets see whats going on 🙋🏻

Comment

Working...
                                          X