This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hey I'm new here, just trying to repair my tv.

Comment

Hello, I m from Italy .
      I m here to solve an issue with my Philips tv but I had made a lot of repair of "bad caps" in my life .

See you..

Comment

Its still me, since I have to wait to being allowed post new treads I introduce my problem.
        My wonderful 47PFL5028K/12 Philips TV (with a DVBS2 tuner) had this odd beahviour, in menu the Satellite options disappeared , I reflashed , upgraded etc. with no luck.
        I used the DVBS2 tuner for years with a CI card for a czech provider, so I didnt dreamed about the satellite functionality.
        My thinking , before opening it, since is my main TV is that could be an hardware failure e.g. DVBS tuner and the software automagically remove the satellite entries not releving it.
        Anyone knows something about it.
        Best Regards

Comment

Hello from Zimbabwe 🇿🇼

Comment

Hi All, im an engineer from Ohio looking to learn about circuits and hopefully repair my own!

Comment

Hi everyone I'm a young wanna be electrical engineer from Missouri, I want to learn more about electronics and repair. I hope to try to make a little money trying to repair stuff. I work on a family farm. If anyone is looking for an intern or any sort of engineering job, I'm happy to talk. Can't wait to be part of something big.

Comment

HELLO can somebody help me with my acer aspire...10 digit password on bios acer a315-31...the number on bios is 1516450894...thx

Comment

Hello all
                  Just discovered this forum, While debugging a Dell U3011 30" monitor, the notorious black screen.

as a retired EE, 50 years of design and consulting, I enjoy restoration of classic test equipment, Tektronix scopes etc.

The electrolytic capacitor lifetime is inverse proportional to the ripple current and ESR due to internal heating, the ambient temperature and the quality of the capacitor, especially the sealing and temperature rating.

With Kind Regards

Jean-Paul
                  Paris

Comment

Hello,

Electrical engineer by trade but I do board repairs in my spare time.

Comment

Hello everyone, my name is Ahmet and I live in France.
                      I'm trying to fix some stuff I have before opening my own repair store with a friend of me in less than a year.
                      Have a good day everyone, and don't forget to stay home if you can !!

Comment

Hello everyone.

My name is Hayden and I live in England.

I came here initially to find some firmware for my television, but I will use the available resources and information here to learn more.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello from the sunny (no really) UK - now we have Corona-lockdown I can turn my mind to some fixing

Comment

Hello.
                            I'm a repair and testing process engineer in the electronics recycling industry.
                            I love this stuff.

Comment

Hi all

Having a bit of time on my hands(lockdown), i am trying to fix a TV. Thought i would registered and hopefully be able to get some guidance.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

New to the forum. Hope to find information on repair.

Comment

Hi, I am a computer teacher from Turkey, thank you all for this useful forum.

Comment

Hello everyone, I am a home electronics technician with engineering education, working at home on television and hifi and computer repair, beginning in amateur radio
                                    Gordon in Maryland USA

Comment

Hey, enjoy reading this forum whilst trying to fix things at home!

Comment

Hi all. New to site and wanted to say hello. From the USA with limited technical background but learning little by little

Comment

Hello All! I'm a newbie when it comes to consumer electronics. I worked as a software developer for 30 years and only recently began building and fixing computers. I look forward to learning in the time ahead!

Comment

Working...
                                          X