This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi! Happy to be part of the community. I write from Italy I like to try to repair everything ....... I have the minimum knowledge of electronics I hope to find help on the site to improve myself.

Comment

Hello,

i first came here for a BIOS dump. But now i made it myself for 2 different Notebooks. So I though it could be a good Idea to Upload these Dumps, because i had problems finding some..

So I would appreciate to get access :-) In which category should i Post these? Maybe in BIOS request category?

best regards

Comment

Hello. This is htedb. I am a retired engineer with electronic and mechanical education. I have been working with computers since the introduction of the old grey case radio shack computer.(still have it and it still worked a few years ago when I fired it up.
        I mess with most things mechanical, electrical, and electronic (weaker on the one but learning).
        Passion as a youth was taking things apart to see how they worked. Mom calmed down after I showed her that I could put it back together, provided she didn't move anything in the beginning, and it still worked.

Ted

Comment

Hi, MechE here. Just saw this forum was still active! Looking to learn some electronics and fix stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
            A WELCOME to everyone that joins in!!

Peta, ofcourse some advertising would always be helpful to making this a success.... This forum has existed since October 6th 2003, online the first time at about 9:00PM CST. Being a couple days old, atleast there's traffic...

I don't know if this forum will be a huge success or not, I created it out of requests from viewers, so we'll see how many actually join... If it takes off, I'll be tickled pink!! If it flops, I'll simply remove it.

A little about me?!?

HMMM I'll give a little info... I've been in the electronics field since 1991, with experience ranging from TV/VCR repair all the way to industrial electronics for a very large and well known manufacturer. I started in computers in 1994, just for a change and something I thought would be more challenging.... First of all, in the computer field, I AM NOT a number cruncher (programmer) YUK!!!!! I'm a hardware/network guy... I can install any OS, repair and make it work, but sitting and typing code is more boring than watching flies mate!! So I stick to hardware!! I get the 'thrill' from coming up with cures for problems, creative and USEFUL mods (this DOES NOT include neon lights and corny batman windows in my cases)...

Before the VP6 was around, Abit's poster child was the BP6, dual celeron board... Being one of the pioneers to run dual Coppermines in my BP6 was quite a thrill... Then came the VP6, and the dreaded crap cap problem... Thus was born PROJECT:VP6, which is over a year old... It can be viewed at www.kabalsrealm.com/systems/projects/vp6/. That single article ultimately led to badcaps.net and this forum... I was shocked at the publicity it drew...

A little inside info?!?
            Well, age?! I'll say late 20's and that's close enough... I enjoy dealing with the computers, all of this is just a hobby these days, so if it did flop, it's no loss... I'm also a car nut... (300ZX!!!)... I also enjoy flying immencely, although, no I don't own an airplane... YET!!! Maybe if I sell off all this computer junk, I could afford one... HEH I own 3 domain names, and host sites for a few friends on this array... Of course they pay me nothing... HMMM Ohh well... Money isn't all... That's about all I think needs to be revealed... If there's something you really need to know about me, ask... The answer all depends on the question you asked...

Anyhow,
            Peta, and everyone else that has joined, Welcome to the forums!! Bring some friends with ya!! :roll:
            Just message me on where to put this welcoming post

Comment

Hi my name is Brian

Comment

I'm Brian and I'm mostly interested in radio electronics and I have a few questions about some electrical circuts I've been working on

Comment

01101000 01100101 01101100 01101100 01101111

Comment

Hello! Small Repair shop in Atlanta GA! How you guys holding up
                    sigpic
                    MEOWING IN THE IMPOSSIBLE UNIVERSE!

Comment

Good day to you I am an computer repair tech but have only started into the micro soldering and repair

Comment

I'm an electrical engineer who likes to fix stuff. Glad to join the forum.

Comment

hii
                          i m a computer engineer i m so glad to join your forum

Comment

I am a medical technician, I am fond of photography, I have a Sony nex5 and A6000

Comment

So dann stelle ich mich auch mal vor. Ich bin ein Neuling und im Vergleich zu den meisten hier eher ein blutiger Anfänger! 😁 Aber wer immer nur das macht was er schon kann bleibt das was er ist.
                              Ich komme aus Regensburg in Bayern Deutschland und habe Spaß daran gefunden mich mit Laptops anzulegen und sie wenn alles gut geht sie dem Reich des Todes zu entreißen.
                              Da das oft recht komplex ist habe ich beschlossen mir hier Hilfe zu suchen. Ich hoffe das ich auch irgend wann einen Beitrag leisten kann. LG Ferit37

Comment

Good morning, a pleasure to meet you. Sorry, if my english is bad, but I speak with a translator.

Comment

Hello, i'm Jim. I'm here cause i was reading some threads and i think this is the right place to ask for some help.

Comment

Hi, I'm Steve. I picked up a used monitor with some issues, and a web search led me here. Looks like a good place to get info on fixing things.

Comment

Hey all! Just trying to figure out how to fix my plasma. Hope everyone is doing great and staying healthy. Take care.

Comment

Hi all, I'm Owen from Wales trying to fix a TV, looks like here is the right place for some help

Comment

Hi, I'm a new member. I've been interested in electronics repair for a number of years and have repaired my own TV's and laptops for a few years. Always been interested in electronics since watching my father fabricate his own reed transmitter/receivers for RC in the early 1960's.

I've been following a number of online repair gurus and I'm looking at the feasibility of doing laptop repair as a business. Right now I'm getting the lay of the land, chip and donor board availability , schematics availability, typical faults and diagnosis, equipment costs and acquisition, longevity/growth in my region etc.

Yes, and I know, best to dive in to he cold water than feel it with your toe. If I do it, I don't want to become a hobbyist, I want to develop a business.

Comment

Working...
                                          X