X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi,
    Working on a Hannspree HF255. It powers on with a white screen, then goes dark after a few seconds. Capacitor look ok but have not tested them. Looking for any ideas...

Dan

Comment

Hi, I am new here. Have a certain task I am considering, need a little bit of advice.

Half way through reading "How to diagnose and Fix everything electronic" written by Michael Jay Geier.

Wondering if I really need an oscilloscope..?

Cheers..

Comment

Hi,
        fixed a benq display some months ago and now it broke again, was looking for some help and found this site.

Comment

I see tons of pros of the pros in here Well, let me become one of the junior. I repair almost anything that's electronically related. Just a fan of electronics i say hahaha. Started repairing at the age of 13 by messing up tiny lil radios and from there onwards i got in depth concentration in repairing and now i repair all sort of TVs radios etc. Not a 100% pro but yeah i can do it.

Comment

New to the site, I was just looking for some info, and wanted to say "Hello!"

Comment

Hi All !

new here, was searching for info on recaping and found this site, very useful information here, thx for that !
              I will be recaping my recently failed Creative Soundworks S750 2 x CrapXon caps are bulging
              Since I just found out that in my FSP-Epsilon FX700-GLN PSU I also got a main-cap from CrapXon and the unit is allready about 6 years old I will replace that one with a better one.

Cheers !

Comment

Hello to all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Just a quick hello and intro.

I hit the motherload of a "barn find" last year. Guy was moving out and was de-hoarding everything he brought home from the huge firm he worked at. Most of it was dead parts or so old to be unviable (300mhz laptops anyone?). I took most of the van load to Goodwill recycling and am working on fixing up the rest. I'm no stranger to a soldering iron and multimeter but have no diagnostic skills to speak of.

But I've crawled the board for a while now and have learned tons.

Thanks and hello.
                -jod

Comment

Hello,

I am working on a Dell W4200HD. I found some bad capacitors on the Power Supply. I will replace them and see if it fixes the problem. If I have more problems I will start a thread in the TV section.

Comment

Hello,

Like the founders of this forum, I have a background in electronics engineering, have been involved with computers since the IBM 8086 and was programing in Fortran with punch cards in college at Cal Poly, Pomona. Those of you who don't know what Fortran or punch cards are, it is your duty to investigate. It will be fun learning.

I am here because I am troubleshooting a friend's VIZIO PDP42X3U400 plasma TV and it looks like this forum is where I can save time from the experience of others who have been there before.

Comment

Hi ! ,, Just a german american troubleshooter ( laptop motherboards ) attempting to fix his own LCD TV ( 32AV501P ) ... Nice Forum ! How do I post a new Post ? Thank you
                      Frank

Comment

Hello people, i am electrical engineering student who in spare time mod's consoles and everything other that passes my hand . I am lurking forum for a long time looking for solutions to my everyday technical problems . Realy hope to have nice and pleasant time here .

Regards

Dusan AKA Visant

Comment

Old tech head here, getting into repairing electronics again, this looks like a good place for help and discussion on electronics repair issues.

Comment

I've rescued quite a few devices over the years, hoping to get my not-so-old LG LCD TV back in working order.

Comment

Re: Post Reports

Hi all.
                              I m new user of badcaps.Bad caps forum really great!
                              Thanks for all.

Comment

Hi there all, I have only been fixing TV's for a year or so now.

Some of my success are a 2- 50" Hitachi Plasmas, 2- 26" Samsung LCD, 32" Poloroid Plasma, 1 46" Samsung, 1 46" Sony, 1 32" Vivitek.

I have only had 1 failure (Philips 42" plasma) and 1 keep putting aside for now, fix it later.

Right now I got a 42" Hisense that I just need to diagnose properly and then figure out what to do with!

I like to find them on craigslist, convince the owner that anything over 50 is too much for a BROKEN tv and try to fix and flip. Too bad new TVs are getting so cheap that nobody wants a used one for too much.

Comment

Hello all joined to try and solve a video problem on my Samsung LN52A530P1F.
                                  I have not actually put a hot iron to cold solder in a few years but have been employed in the electronics maintenance field for 35 years . I look Fwd to participating .

Comment

Hello. Amateur from Dallas. Looking forward to using this forum as a reference for home repairs. Thanks!

Matt

Comment

hi badcaps...

Comment

I'd like to Introduce myself.......I'm Steve(Hughy) as most of my friends call me, from 30+ years of Rugby, until my body said enough......Rode Motorcycles and got certified to work on Harleys and a bad wreck made that career move on hold, was a Roadway Designer and Cadd/Manager untill 2008.....so love computers and working on them and Bikes the electrical part of them too. Now trying my hand at TVs and this looks like a great website to get my hands dirty and see what's crackin...........

Comment

Hello to all ! I am looking forward to show you my Bad Caps

Comment

Working...
                                          X