Soniq E40W13C-AU TV Stuck on standby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Soniq E40W13C-AU TV Stuck on standby

Hi I've checked all the other regulators including the one I replaced. All seem to be showing the correct voltages. I'm gonna try and replace the caps on the main board. See if that helps.

Comment

The tv I picked up was stuck in standby . I replaced the same voltage regulator as described above. The type I replaced it with was ams1117 adj ht2438 got about 10 of them delivered for $3 .
      Tv works perfect now no other issues at this stage. If anyone needs these regulators I have many spares.
      Thanks immensely to the above contributors that made this fix easy.

Cheers

Comment

Hey guys,

my TV has the same problem. ausvantage which one of the three voltage regulators did you end up replacing? and do you still have the spare ones?

Is your TV still working?

Cheers

Comment

Mine is a E40W13C-AU with a similar issue. Tv turns on via remote or buttons no problem. Everything works for about 5 min then the red led turns off and it wont respond to the remote at all. Buttons on tv still work fine. Is this common? It was a "factory refurbished" jb hifi tv. Paid less than $200 for it and closest store is 1250kms away so not worth sending back

Comment

Hi guys, just wanted to say thanks for posting all your troubleshooting and findings; I'm handy enough with a soldering iron but my diagnosis skills are limited to replacing components that look broken

Replaced all three regs based on this guide, at a cost of $2.20 (with spares) from a TV that was found on the side of the road!

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by ausvantage View Post
              The tv I picked up was stuck in standby . I replaced the same voltage regulator as described above. The type I replaced it with was ams1117 adj ht2438 got about 10 of them delivered for $3 .
              Tv works perfect now no other issues at this stage. If anyone needs these regulators I have many spares.

Cheers
              Hi ausvantage,
              I need the AMS1117 - 3.3 and AMS1117 - ADJ and willing to buy from you. Please email me on sidkumca@gmail.com

Thanks,
              Sidds

Comment

Hi all, digging up a bit but having same issue as thread poster.

Soniq E40W13C won't turn on. Limited troubleshooting tooling so i want to replace this BM1117-3.3 with the AMS1117 from above...

Will advise when done if it helps or not...

Comment

Originally posted by ausvantage View Post

Cheers
                  Hi do you still have some spares? Just got the TV from my neighbour havent opened it yet, same problem so im guessing same fix. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by GSXRJeff View Post
                    Hi all, digging up a bit but having same issue as thread poster.

Soniq E40W13C won't turn on. Limited troubleshooting tooling so i want to replace this BM1117-3.3 with the AMS1117 from above...

Will advise when done if it helps or not...
                    Hey Jeff, any luck ?

Comment

Many thanks to all for the great info on Soniq TVs.

I have a Soniq E32W13A-NZ just come in, stuck in standby. Following this thread, the BM1117-adj Vo=1.422 seems suspicious but not convincing.

The Vo resistor divider measures at 100Ω to gnd and 467Ω to Vo (with the BM1117-adj still in place) which would set Vo to 1.518V. No sign of heating or stress. So 1.422 suggests an error there, but is it enough to stop the TV coming out of standby?

Can anyone tell me what the output voltage of the BM1117-ADJ should be?

Comment

any adjustable LDO regulator is 1.25v above the adjust pin. right hand pin looking from the legs is the adjust pin.
                        WHY CAN'T PHILIPS USE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS?

Comment

Fascinating post, thanks dragon - made me think. It provides the solution without answering my question. Most of my diagnosis is by what things "should" be, only rarely by what things mustn't be.

On the device in question Vref=Vo-Vj is never 1.250v, so it's faulty, done. The panel led stays red no matter what, yet Vo and Vj are fluctating as if there's somebody at home and the set is trying to start.

I've just ordered some LM1117-ADJs from RS. Many thanks for your quick response!

Comment

Yer not wrong, dragon....I replaced the B1117-Adj and the TV is fixed. So the voltages on a working 32" TV are:
                            Vin = 5.105v
                            Vo = 1.5200 (fluctuates about 0.5%)
                            Vref = is 0.2718v.
                            Iin = Current into Vin = 176mA also fluctuating.

Being mindful that the device could have been overloaded to damage it,
                            I initially mounted the new one on a heatsink above the board with a 1ohm resistor in series with Vin. Boy, does the LM1117-adj get hot! There's quite a lot of headroom (Vin-Vo is roughly 3.5v) so I'll reinstate the device with a permanent 12ohm resistor in series with Vin to shed some of the heat.

All good. Many thanks dragon, and other contributors to this thread!

Comment

awesome. these are a common failure, not just on these sets, but many others.
                              WHY CAN'T PHILIPS USE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS?

Comment

Hi I am Ranjit from Sydney. I wish to convey my sincere thanks to all especially BUDM for the advice regarding the volatage regulator ivBM1117Adj as my 48"Soniq was stuck into stand by. I was getting 5.1V at pin 3, 0.14 at pin 1 and 0.73V. at pin 2 which indicated that BM117 adj is damaged. I replaced it with LM117 adj which I bought from rs online and now the tv is working!!!!!!! Thanks to all again as this tv was first purchase of my daughter's first salary. All the best to all.

Comment

Hi all, I have a Soniq 42” E42FV16A-AU with seemingly the same issue.
                                  I am a little confused between the differences between BM1117-3.3, BM1117-ADJ, etc and whether I would be ordering the correct part, compatible part, or completely wrong parts.
                                  None of my bits actually say 1117.
                                  I have a GH27G and a GH23H.
                                  How are these different? Exactly what parts do I need to order? Can I order 2 of one part or do I need two different parts?
                                  I can see on ebay BM1117-ADJ, AMS1117 3.3V, etc.
                                  Thanks!

Comment

Photos attached
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jonmobrien View Post
                                      Hi all, I have a Soniq 42” E42FV16A-AU with seemingly the same issue.
                                      I am a little confused between the differences between BM1117-3.3, BM1117-ADJ, etc and whether I would be ordering the correct part, compatible part, or completely wrong parts.
                                      None of my bits actually say 1117.
                                      I have a GH27G and a GH23H.
                                      How are these different? Exactly what parts do I need to order? Can I order 2 of one part or do I need two different parts?
                                      I can see on ebay BM1117-ADJ, AMS1117 3.3V, etc.
                                      Thanks!
                                      You need to look at the data sheet. The GH27G is 3.3V and the GH23H is ADJ
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Ok, so I need one of each.
                                        Does this order look right?
                                        And I can use this:
                                        https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/252948407124
                                        with wicking, solder and flux to replace them?
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Sorry but didn't someone post a picture of the motherboard that showed where
                                          BM1117-ADJ and ams1117 adj chips go?

Comment

Working...
                                          X