Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung LN37A550P3FXZA White screen with image

Originally posted by x_orange90_x View Post
    Shopjimmy wants $75 for the TCON and it's roughly $30 on eBay.. Not really worth it for a plain jane 37".

If i were to get a hot air gun, what would be a decent cheap one?
    They are all pretty much the same, adjustable temperature and fan. From about $30 on ebay.

Comment

Yup - that's about the same price I paid for mine. One thing I hate about it, which I didn't realise until I got it and honestly there was no way I could've predicted it in the first place, since it's a bit of a gamble, is the shape of the output tube of the handpiece: the different size nozzles attach to the end of this tube with two nubs on the inner edge of the nozzle which locate inside two cutouts on the lip of the pipe and you twist it in place. The nozzles featuring these nubs don't come in any form factor other than the straight version, albeit they do come in different sizes. I'm dying to get angled ones to make it more comfortable to use, especially under a magnifier (or a microscope, should I ever get one) but guess what: couldn't find any to fit this style of pipe with twist-lock nubs ! All of them have a collar which tightens around the nozzle with a nut and bolt. While these physically fit my nozzle as well, the narrower part of the output tube doesn't extend far enough into the nozzle and so there's a hole left right where the collar and the bolt are, so the air now just escapes through here, since it has no reason to exit out the front of the nozzle which offers far more resistance....

I'm planning on replacing the handpiece to fit those collar-lock ones, but that's still taking a bit of a chance as to what you'll actually get, because it's common for the pictures on Aliexpress to be generic, plus it's pretty tough to explain precisely what you're interested in to a salesperson on the other end of the world whose native language is not English. I did manage to reach a consensus with one who seemed to understand what I mean (after providing pictures and measurements of course) and saved it in my basket, but I'm waiting for this pandemic sh!t to hopefully calm down a bit, since I'm not sure how well deliveries from China are handled in this period, especially since I have like 10 other orders in transit which were made prior to the outburst which haven't arrived till now, so yeah......pass for now....
      Last edited by Dannyx; 03-27-2020, 10:12 AM.
      Wattevah...

Comment

Deliveries have freed up from China, in fact there is a sale in Ali at the moment. Stuff that was ordered before new year/lockdown and after is now being delivered.

Comment

https://www.menards.com/main/search....earch=heat+gun

Comment

No, you can't use one of those for SMD rework, they are far too hot, why would you even suggest such a tool for such a delicate job ?

Comment

I used one, used the narrow nozzle, kept a distance and watched the temp, not really that hard.
              Last edited by nomoresonys; 03-27-2020, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                I used one, used the narrow nozzle, kept a distance and watched the temp, not really that hard.
                you're only fooling yourself.

He wanted a tool for SMD rework not stripping paint. You've watched enough YouTube videos to know the tool isn't suitable for delicate work.

Comment

Had it on hand and made it work difboy, NO FOOLIN. As a matter of fact I've also seen them used on youtube. Same situation they had it handy and used it but maybe you you don't have the ability to improvise, I had no problem with it.
                  Last edited by nomoresonys; 03-27-2020, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                    Had it on hand and made it work difboy, NO FOOLIN. As a matter of fact I've also seen them used on youtube. Same situation they had it handy and used it but maybe you you don't have the ability to improvise, I had no problem with it.
                    I've been fixing things longer than you've been alive. There's a big difference between a ghetto reflow of a large processor and delicate SMD rework.

Comment

Really?? you must be about 100 then, that explains a lot, I'm still not impressed tho. Done plenty of delicate work with less than optimum tools, just comes easy.
                      Last edited by nomoresonys; 03-28-2020, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X