Dmx/rdm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dmx/rdm

Anyone with firsthand experience with DMX/RDM?

Re: Dmx/rdm

I guess I'm a dummy....I've never heard of either. What is this?
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
      I guess I'm a dummy....I've never heard of either. What is this?
      DMX (Digital MultipleX) is typically used for controlling lighting systems (theatrical, architectural, etc.). It's a protocol layered on an EIA485 network that allows a "controller" to talk to the various lighting elements. So, when you're lighting up a building, it provides a standardized way of "talking" to the various "lights" and controlling the "visual effects". For example:

I.e., "light #24 display bluish-green at intensity 18; light #25 display greenish-yellow at intensity 74; light..."

RDM (Remote Device Management) is a protocol enhancement that lets you collect status and configuration information from the devices.

I'm looking for practical tips to avoid making careless errors that might "cost me" (the lighting fixtures are expensive)

Comment

FWIW, attached is one such fixture in "test" mode (all LEDs lit, but at very low intensity). Unfortunately, camera gets confused when you shine a light in its face! Diddle-stick as a reference for scale (it's a bit over 12" long).
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X