Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lenovo IdeaPad s340 burned motherboard ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad s340 burned motherboard ?

Originally posted by ktmmotocross View Post
    all cores have literallly same temp because it is on same chip. its just bad reading. that capacitors must not be there but u can have some instability so better add capacitors with same size.
    If i remeber correctly, the notebook temperature was around 40/45 degrees Celsius before...
    now it's highter everywhere and i don't like it very much because this temperature is basically in standby, without doing anything
    Obviously as soon as I find a capacitor of the same size i will add it!

Comment

did u replace thermal paste?

45c will be only in idle

Comment

did u replace thermal paste?

45c will be only in idle
        The temperature i wrote are basically in idle,that's why i say that they are a bit too high.
        I haven't removed the black heatsink, so i don't relace the thermal paste.

Comment

Hi which processor do you have? If you got AMDprocessor you must use AMD overdrive. I have a lenovo G505s laptop when i use speccy or cpuz for temp momitoring the gives abouth 100 degrees C and when i use AMD overdrive utillity he gives 38 degrees. The other monitor apps doesnt give correct values.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevedb View Post
            Hi which processor do you have? If you got AMDprocessor you must use AMD overdrive. I have a lenovo G505s laptop when i use speccy or cpuz for temp momitoring the gives abouth 100 degrees C and when i use AMD overdrive utillity he gives 38 degrees. The other monitor apps doesnt give correct values.
            Intel I5-8265U

Comment

Hi guys, I finally got it the capacitors and replace the old broken one.
              The pc turn on like usual and the only strange temperature is the core 2 that is higher than the others (Image Temp 1: 80degrees Celsius vs 50/60 of the other core).
              In images "Temp 2" and "Temp 3" there are the other temperatures that seem normal..
              There is a big problem: the two speakers are dead.
              I measured the resistance of both speakers and it's 4 ohms, so they don't look burnt out ... so what can I check now?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike94990 View Post
                Hi guys, I finally got it the capacitors and replace the old broken one.
                The pc turn on like usual and the only strange temperature is the core 2 that is higher than the others (Image Temp 1: 80degrees Celsius vs 50/60 of the other core).
                In images "Temp 2" and "Temp 3" there are the other temperatures that seem normal..
                There is a big problem: the two speakers are dead.
                I measured the resistance of both speakers and it's 4 ohms, so they don't look burnt out ... so what can I check now?
                PS: windows can't see the speakers at all...

Here the image of the temperature:
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Mike94990; 03-30-2020, 04:21 PM.

Comment

temps are ok. dont bother with it.

for speaker?
                  find in schem if u have amplifier ic or just sound ic and check input outputs with headphone attached to probes

Comment

temps are ok. dont bother with it.

for speaker?
                    find in schem if u have amplifier ic or just sound ic and check input outputs with headphone attached to probes
                    Thanks for your reply.
                    I haven't seen the schematic for the speaker in these days because I am not feeling very well.
                    In a few days I will get back to work and i'll ask for your halp again

Comment

Working...
                    X