Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thin black horizontal lines every 2 cm on right side of Toshiba LCD

I have a 2012 55 inch Toshiba LCD Tv model: 55L7200U

The right side of the LCD has thin black horizontal lines every few cm down the right half of the LCD. I have opened it and looked at the capacitors and they all seem good. I think it may be solved with a reseat of the LCD ribbon cables to the T-Con or maybe a little alcohol clean or heat. Anyone have any other suggestions or ideas? I have uploaded a video for a better understanding. Your help is appreciated Thanks.

http://youtu.be/W144mhlbBuA

http://youtu.be/V8fqrDY1n0w

http://youtu.be/W144mhlbBuA
    Last edited by whistlergonewild; 03-30-2017, 04:15 AM. Reason: Added additional video

Re: Thin black horizontal lines every 2 cm on right side of Toshiba LCD

I've tried fooling around with the ribbons and no change with the lines. I've attached a picture of the inside circuits so you can see what I'm dealing with. Any advice would greatly be appreciated.
    Attached Files

Comment

Scotts tape. Ribbon between t-con and screen,mask of first few tracks of the ribbon,starting at the bad side of screen. Turn on tv and observe the lines,if no improvements then move scotts tape over a bit.try again. Rinse and repeat till lines are gone. It's a bit time consuming but you will get it. Goal is to find the tracks that are causing this(shorted in panel) Might have to play with how many tracks you cover with the tape too. place and/or move scotts tape only with tv off or damage to t-con/panel can happen.
      Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

Originally posted by martino View Post
        Scotts tape. Ribbon between t-con and screen,mask of first few tracks of the ribbon,starting at the bad side of screen. Turn on tv and observe the lines,if no improvements then move scotts tape over a bit.try again. Rinse and repeat till lines are gone. It's a bit time consuming but you will get it. Goal is to find the tracks that are causing this(shorted in panel) Might have to play with how many tracks you cover with the tape too. place and/or move scotts tape only with tv off or damage to t-con/panel can happen.
        Yes using Scotch Tape is actually applying the 'cut-off' method. As was explained, it's a bit time consuming but once you get it, you'll have a TV to last a couple more years.

Comment

Were you able to view the YouTube video and see the lines I was speaking of? I will try the scotch tape method and keep you updated. In reference to the picture I uploaded, is the T-Con board the one that is shielded at the Centre/Bottom?
          Last edited by whistlergonewild; 04-02-2017, 04:38 PM. Reason: More info

Comment

Did this fix your issues? Why couldn't the ribbon cable be replaced?

Comment

Originally posted by martino View Post
              A little late but scotch tape method worked like a charm. Been using the TV for the last few years now.

Comment

Originally posted by blake.s View Post
                Did this fix your issues? Why couldn't the ribbon cable be replaced?
                Yes it worked like a charm. I think the ribbon could be replaced but I think the issue is within the circuitry and not the ribbon itself. Although its been a while since I repaired this so I could be wrong.

Comment

Cut off method worked great! Any idea what circuitry im actually cutting off?

Comment

Working...
                  X