Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lenovo IdeaPad s340 burned motherboard ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo IdeaPad s340 burned motherboard ?

Hi guys, i have a big problem with a probably burned motherboard (Lenovo IdeaPad s340 )...
    I accidentally forgot to remove the battery while installing an SSD and a small screw fell on the motherboard.
    I think that only one component is burnt but i don't know what is it (i can read L501 but i'm sure it's PL501 because i see another motherboard on ebay)....
    Can someone help me understand what it is?
    I can't find anywhere what PL501 is....
    This laptop is basically new and i want to repair it .
    Here some photos:

PS: I'm not very good at English, I apologize if there are grammatical errors XD
    Attached Files
    Last edited by piernov; 03-15-2020, 06:47 AM.

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad s340 burned motherboard ?

in this case I think it is L501, make a comparison with other similar parts on the motherboard.
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
      in this case I think it is L501, make a comparison with other similar parts on the motherboard.
      Thanks for your reply!
      I just found the same motherboard for sale on ebay (attached) and the component is PL501.
      I would like to know what it is so i can buy this piece or replace it with something equivalent.
      Attached Files

Comment

oh god. it is COIL u can use any coil of same size. u can even make bridge for testing

but first check both side of board pads for short

Comment

Originally posted by ktmmotocross View Post
          oh god. it is COIL u can use any coil of same size. u can even make bridge for testing

but first check both side of board pads for short
          ok, i'll check the other side of the board...
          can you tell me how can i find out the size of this coil? (for size do you mean the physical size in millimeters?)

Comment

other side?
            i mean both pads where was connected that coil.
            u can use ANY size that fit

Comment

other side?
              i mean both pads where was connected that coil.
              u can use ANY size that fit
              something like this? :
              https://it.aliexpress.com/item/32691809266.html

how many henry? (I hope to understand you )

Comment

it can be easily found on any scrap motherboard, just replace it with same size of coil, not big deal since its placed on +B rail

Comment

Originally posted by tomodachi View Post
                  it can be easily found on any scrap motherboard, just replace it with same size of coil, not big deal since its placed on +B rail
                  Thank you guys, you are the best!
                  I'll try to fix it and i hope it work!

Comment

Originally posted by tomodachi View Post
                    And.... nothing, the motherboard is definitly dead.
                    I used the component from another motherboard and it turn on for some seconds then turn off (and some weird noise from the speakers).
                    In the end it didn't toun on again and it is dead...
                    I think it's the end of this sad story
                    Attached Files

Comment

as i see, i think you made a short between the l501 and the first capacitor next ... check .. i hope to cheat ..
                      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

damn dude. u cannot even solder? u shorted that rail to gnd like peste wrote

offcourse no flux
                        Last edited by ktmmotocross; 03-17-2020, 10:43 AM.

Comment

as i see, i think you made a short between the l501 and the first capacitor next ... check .. i hope to cheat ..
                          I checked and there is no short between the component and the first capacitor.
                          In the photo you can't see it well...

Comment

damn dude. u cannot even solder? u shorted that rail to gnd like peste wrote

offcourse no flux
                            Where did i shorted that rail to gnd ?
                            the component and the capacitor aren't connected!
                            Last edited by Mike94990; 03-18-2020, 02:16 AM.

Comment

for me it looks 100% shorted. u did not use flux

Comment

its shorted you soldered the coil not clean because other side touches the side of caps

Comment

i'll try to remake it hoping that it's not totally burned.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike94990 View Post
                                    i'll try to remake it hoping that it's not totally burned.
                                    use flux paste, otherwise the solder does not come out ok, check that you do not have short, with luck it may be ok.

Comment

use flux paste, otherwise the solder does not come out ok, check that you do not have short, with luck it may be ok.
                                      A little update:

---I solder it again: i know that the result is a bit ugly (i can't go out from home because of coronavirus, so i can't buy flux paste) but the conductive rail under the component is practically destroyed, so i solder it with the rail on the top right side of the component (IMG 1).

---I measured the voltage between the PL501 and gnd and it is 12.5V (as schematics says)

---I try to turn on the pc without ram and ssd: it worked the first time (IMG 2), than i try to insert ram and ssd and it turn on (black display, only light from the power switch and nothing else)

What can i do now?

PS: how can i check if the three capacitors above the component are ok? maybe there is some problem there...
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by Mike94990; 03-19-2020, 09:08 AM. Reason: adding info

Comment

just measure rezistance on both side of capacitors to ground.

if u dont have ram inserted and laptor start, than u must have ram on board, so try to remove inserted ram

check if u have 1.2V on pl502
                                        Last edited by ktmmotocross; 03-19-2020, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X