Hp Elitebook 840 g6 error on update me version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hp Elitebook 840 g6 error on update me version

I got this unit slow start fan always spining loud then got error there is a problem hp endpoint. I try update bios got error on update me version. Any info on this?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 10-21-2020, 09:51 AM.

Re: Hp Elitebook 840 g6 error on update me version

The ME firmware version is showing 0.0.0.0 .Post your bios backups and someone will try to fix the bios with new ME firmware .
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
      The ME firmware version is showing 0.0.0.0 .Post your bios backups and someone will try to fix the bios with new ME firmware .

do i need to read only the main 32mb? or need the 16mb?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Traud25; 10-21-2020, 10:28 AM. Reason: add bin

Comment

Originally posted by Traud25 View Post
        do i need to read only the main 32mb? or need the 16mb?
        Just the 32MB for now.
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

i added bin on other post

Comment

i added bin on other post
            try..
            Attached Files
            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
              try..
              now fan spin keyboard ligth than power of

Comment

now fan spin keyboard ligth than power of
                send both bios main 32mb? and 16mb
                and if possible send your original backup not that you have clean me already
                Last edited by qayyum786; 10-23-2020, 01:58 AM. Reason: Correction

Comment

Tks to all but unfortunately because some covid 19 restriction, customer came get pc to do telework. I write back bios backup and give to him will se if he brings it on some time later

Comment

Please, help fix BIOS. Updated BIOS and stuck in ME firmware update. It Updates till 50% and then restarts shows error updating ME firmware ant again till 50%. Tried to inspect with ME analyzer but shows errors.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sellit View Post
                      Please, help fix BIOS. Updated BIOS and stuck in ME firmware update. It Updates till 50% and then restarts shows error updating ME firmware ant again till 50%. Tried to inspect with ME analyzer but shows errors.
                      the bios is corrupt..post more data about the laptop..full name and model, motherboard model, etc ..
                      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

the bios is corrupt..post more data about the laptop..full name and model, motherboard model, etc ..
                        If the bios has MEAnalyzer errors and won`t open with FIT, extract the ME region from your bios at post #6 using UEFITool ,right click on ME Region select "extract as-is" or "Extract body" ,open in hxd check file length , select same file length for ME region in bad bios,paste over.It will open with no errors in MEAnalyzer. Can clean the ME again if needed.

Last edited by SMDFlea; 09-06-2021, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sellit View Post
                          ok, good idea..it should work ..
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                            If the bios has MEAnalyzer errors and won`t open with FIT, extract the ME region from your bios at post #6 using UEFITool ,right click on ME Region select "extract as-is" or "Extract body" ,open in hxd check file length , select same file length for ME region in bad bios,paste over.It will open with no errors in MEAnalyzer. Can clean the ME again if needed.

In bios update inside also have Me region data.Copy and paste in bios file.

Comment

ok, good idea..it should work ..
                              Thanks for help!
                              Tried your bin file. This time it restarted few times and then showed "Last step of BIOS update", then the same cycle of ME firmware update. Not fixed.

Comment

Clean files, main and EC. You must write them both. When you get into BIOS, enter DMI info (they are on motherboard and on bottom cover stickers). Then restart laptop about 30 times or so.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Thank you everyone for help!
                                  It is now fixed. Problem was ME firmware stuck loop with current SSD. Used other SSD and it booted correctly and updated BIOS from manufacturer threw Windows. Now it works fine with First SSD too.

Comment

Working...
                                  X