Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acer Predator Helios 300 blue screen when plugged in.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer Predator Helios 300 blue screen when plugged in.

This machine has been stumping me. The laptop charges fine when powered off.
    It powers and runs off of the battery with no issues.
    But when I plug in the power adapter I get a blue screen.
    I updated to latest bios.
    I updated to latest windows.
    When battery is drained to 0% and adapter is plugged in the laptop runs ok until it is charged to 50% then it blue screens.
    Attached Files

Re: Acer Predator Helios 300 blue screen when plugged in.

power management chip? why when the battery is over 50%?

Comment

That's a BSOD!
      Looks like a CPU-reported hardware error. May be a faulty CPU or bad caps for the CPU or PSU.
      ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Originally posted by mafiaxxx View Post
        This machine has been stumping me. The laptop charges fine when powered off.
        It powers and runs off of the battery with no issues.
        But when I plug in the power adapter I get a blue screen.
        I updated to latest bios.
        I updated to latest windows.
        When battery is drained to 0% and adapter is plugged in the laptop runs ok until it is charged to 50% then it blue screens.
        HI

First share any changes you made to the system before this issue occurred and now does battery drain fast means how much time it takes to drain to 20 percent remaining level ?

secondly try changing the battery if it fixes otherwise BSOD error code WHEA unrecoverable error occurs due to overclocking of CPU but in your case laptop runs fine with battery till it reaches 50 percent charge .

Comment

Originally posted by stingerchamp View Post
          HI

First share any changes you made to the system before this issue occurred and now does battery drain fast means how much time it takes to drain to 20 percent remaining level ?

secondly try changing the battery if it fixes otherwise BSOD error code WHEA unrecoverable error occurs due to overclocking of CPU but in your case laptop runs fine with battery till it reaches 50 percent charge .
          this a machine that was brought in to me for repair. Client says it happened after a windows upgrade.
          Battery charges and drains normally. I changed the battery and power adapter and updated the BIOS. Client denies overclocking the CPU.

Comment

Working...
          X