Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unknown Capacitor Brands

That cap looks exactly like a Teapo with a different logo
    I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by chozo4 View Post
      I've never seen it either but after a bit of googling I came across a couple retailers such as aliexpress that brought up the name 'Arcotronics'. After looking up that name and ESC i found the datasheet for that cap as Arcotronics uses the same exact logo.. 'AV'. Arcotronics ....
      Thanks for the quick detective work chozo4. I had seen the Kemet ESC pdf sheet, but I guess I gave up to soon. Normally I'm more diligent/successful.

Oh well, my panny fC was a good match.
      With your info I found another pdf for acrotronics ESC with their logo actually printed in the datasheet . Screen capture in Pic #2 below .
      As well I added a pic of the ends of my flaky AVs for any one else looking for these AV guys.

How do they get AV out of Arcotronics?
      Cheers
      Attached Files
      Last edited by pfofit; 07-31-2014, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pfofit View Post
        How do they get AV out of Arcotronics?
        That was the first thing that came to mind and made absolutely no sense whatsoever. The only thing I can figure is that it's actually AT without the top of the T and slanted off the bottom end of the A. *Shrug* It's a longshot but it's the only possible idea i could come up with.
        Even crap caps can be useful... such as blank rounds for prop gunfights.

Comment

I have an air compressor with a XUFENG brand capacitor. Are they generally good?

Comment

Originally posted by dvcochran View Post
            I have an air compressor with a XUFENG brand capacitor. Are they generally good?
            The majority of capacitors made with chinese brands like that are normally as far from good as possible. Reason they are used a lot is because they are so cheaply/crappily made. Long as they show no signs of failure they should be fine but they don't have to show signs of failure to have failed.

There is a stickied thread regarding good capacitor brands and so forth. May be helpful if you're questionable about brands.
            Last edited by chozo4; 08-03-2014, 06:29 PM.
            Even crap caps can be useful... such as blank rounds for prop gunfights.

Comment

It depends too on what the capacitor is doing in the circuit. A lot of the 'average grade' ones will work fine for a very long time in low stress applications.

However, in places where they are exposed to more heat, tougher circuits etc, only the decent quality ones (read: Japanese) seem to last any sensible length of time.
              "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
              -David VanHorn

Comment

^ True. It also depends a lot on the ambient temperature and the effectiveness of the cooling. I've seen decoupling caps fail because of a combination of poor cooling, lots of dust, and high temperature operation

Comment

Anyone know or can figure out the brand of these 1800uf 6.3v from the infamous Dell Optiplex GX270 series? (Gold color stripe of leftmost is most correct. #2 is miscolored darker and redder due to incandescent lighting dominating the direction the gold faces.)

Comment

Looks like Panasonic to me. Are the vents shaped kind of like a "T" ?
                    "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                    -David VanHorn

Comment

Those would be genuine Panasonic caps, assuming they were removed from a GX270. Panny are normally very reliable, but GX270s often cook them, so I would probably replace them
                      I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

The M with the legs slightly bent at the bottom, in a square with rounded corner is the logo for Panasonic ( from Matsushita, the old company name).

FL is a series Panasonic had (or still has). The purpose, dark red text is a batch number, it's a code that meaningful just to the factory that made the capacitor.

You'll probably have a hard time finding the datasheet for FL series, simply because it's somewhat of a custom series sold only to companies like Dell, not sold on retail channels.
                        I suspect it has similar specs to Panasonic FJ, another custom series from there, for which the datasheet can be found here.

Comment

I've seen an abundance of these leaking and/or swollen in Dells shipped in 2003 & 2004, many of which would still boot even with 3 or more of 8 or more obviously gone bad. Is it known if this particular Matsushita type was ever counterfeited and installed in new Dells, if Matsushita made lots of bad ones, or if Matsushita had many (or all or most) of this model actually made by other manufacturers who may have been using defective electrolyte?

Comment

The problem is not the capacitors, the problem is Dell, for putting them in a design that runs far too hot for them to survive.
                            -David VanHorn

Comment

I've seen Vemco units in a 1982 Urmet videophone unit - anyone know Vemco?
                              My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

I've seen a lot of these "SS" caps. All of them have been 5mm or 7mm tall and various colors. The one in the pictures came from a CD-ROM drive manufactured in late 1998, but I've started to see them recently in some Arduino stuff. I know of some cap manufacturers that have an SS series, but those companies would put their brand name on them and would not use that series name for multiple heights of these miniature caps. They may be related to this brand since I've seen a mixture of both brands (if they're even made by different companies) in some devices and they use the same date code format.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by zuhr14 View Post
                                  I found on old lan card RTL8139B (EDIMAX EN-9130TXA - type discovered from bar code on back side), board made in years 2000 - 2001 ( http://web.archive.org/web/200003011...ww.edimax.com/ ) (EN-9130A).

Here is 3 elyt capacitors 16V 22uF (4x8) with brand <BH> without series type. I foud, that is chinese Guangdong Jiahong Electronic Technology Co., Ltd product series BH,class CD110X.
                                  http://e-cap.en.gongchang.com/product - BH-CD100X i found in datasheets archchive, actually it is possibly discontinued series.

But there is also one unknown black elyt capacitor - i can´t find brand and series.
                                  16V,220uF,105°. (measured size 8,3x9,3)
                                  Top of the temperature record is just a brand(?) "S.I." (or "S.1."?? or "S.l"??)
                                  No other printed decription here.
                                  What is it?Exist any datasheet for this?
                                  btw, this <BH> caps seem tho be kinda durable actually, if found its in old Sanyo audio equipment ( probably 1995 era ) its shown slightly bulge on one cap but still works with good esr value

Comment

Originally posted by jesster View Post
                                    btw, this <BH> caps seem tho be kinda durable actually, if found its in old Sanyo audio equipment ( probably 1995 era ) its shown slightly bulge on one cap but still works with good esr value
                                    here is the photo of the old <BH> caps.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Maybe it's tricking your meter? Also looks like it might be starting to lift itself off of the board too, have you pulled the cap to see if the bung is starting to pop out? I too have seen BH caps hold up decently well,even in hot PSUs

Comment

Working...
                                      X