Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eprom dump versus firmware update

Hi all,
    I have a interesting question but does anyone know the following.
    If i flash a tv with a firmware update and then i remove the memory ic 25Q32BVSIG, a 4mb SPI chip and read the contents with my programmer and compare the two image files (Dump versus firmware) are they going to be identical.
    What I want to get at is that if I have a firmware update and I try to download it directly into the SPI chip will it be successful? Will it work. So far I never tried it because I assumed it will not be the same. Anybody know?

Regards
    Angelos

Eprom dump versus firmware update

Hi all,
    I have a interesting question but does anyone know the following.
    If i flash a tv with a firmware update and then i remove the memory ic 25Q32BVSIG, a 4mb SPI chip and read the contents with my programmer and compare the two image files (Dump versus firmware) are they going to be identical.
    What I want to get at is that if I have a firmware update and I try to download it directly into the SPI chip will it be successful? Will it work. So far I never tried it because I assumed it will not be the same. Anybody know?

Regards
    Angelos

Comment

Re: Eprom dump versus firmware update

Firmware updates are different from the content on the 25Q32. It wouldnt work if you put the firmware directly on a 25Q32 or vice versa.

Comment

I thought as much. Thanks for confirming my suspicion.

Cheers

Comment

i think you forget some "?", can you repeat? Anyway an update is almost never the same as a dump, because an entire firmware is comprehensive of every partition , the boot loaders (preboot, boot, etc..), the kernel, system, recovery, etc., an update can be only the main software update..

Comment

Yes Davi, my grammar sucks. My english teacher thought so too. ��*♀️
            Over the weekend i got in a tv that needed a eprom dump and i could not fix it because the unit i was working on is so uncommon.

Comment

Working...
            X