Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

philips lcd tv 40PFS5709

Hi,
    This LCD tv have this strange display, there are sound and picture, but cant use the remote anymore to change channel etc. Just stuck, it runs back and forth between on-off, sound up-down, channel etc. (check the zip file)
    Any ideas?
    Thank you
    Kurt
    Attached Files

Re: philips lcd tv 40PFS5709

For that problem there is an update , search for QN141E_012.003.026.128_upgrade_loader_2in1.zip , upzip the file on a USB drive , increase the name of the file to "upgrade_loader.pkg" .
    If the TV set is in STANDBY, then switch the power ON via the remote Control.
    Unplug the mains-cable to get the power OFF, place the USB drive in USB slot 1, plugin the power cable after start up the message "Upgrade in progress" should be vissible.
    Wait for the screen going black and then showing the channel and USB content browser.
    Disconnect the power and connect it after 1 minut to power for a reset.
    Select "TV settings" > "General settings" > "Re-install TV" and finally "Yes" to confirm.
    Now the issue should be resolved.

Comment

Thank you, will post my progress

Comment

Hello,
        Could only find QN141E _012.003.086.128 (Date published: 2018-01-09) (Upgrade_Loader). I get the "upgrade in progress", 7-8 minutes. Black screen, Phillips start logo, but no channel and/or USB content browser. Tried several times. Also tried disconnect the power, wait 1 min to power for reset...nope

Comment

Found this file scc_106572_qn141e_012.003.026.128_upgrade_loader_2in1.zip?

Comment

Have you checked the remote control and the batteries? The latest software is 12.3.086.
            https://files.fm/u/q28uyjr9

Comment

Hi,
              Yes I have invested in a new RC and. You can use the RC, but only to sound volume, change the channels. Trying to use other sources or TV setup is not possible.... so the smart TV is not so smart
              Thank you for link, I have tried the latest software, will give it another try

Comment

Ooh, yeah I cant use the autorun... it comes up, pressing ok to update, and it goes back to the "problem" screen.

Comment

For updates try also with the POWER key on the TV pressed until the update starts.

Comment

The uploader pkg as suggested by William1967, shows the software in progress, only the problem still remains after the upgrade.... and I have also tried holding the POWER key on the TV

Comment

I'm afraid the nand software is corrupt. Philips is famous for this flaw.

Comment

Okay, thanks for input yokoono.... so another mainboard could potentially work? Or can you reset the NAND Flash?
                        Last edited by klj2030; 12-07-2019, 11:11 AM. Reason: forgot the last sentence

Comment

You cannot reset nand memory. Must be rewritten. If you have the necessary software and an rt809h programmer. You can replace the motherboard with one with the same code and for the same panel.
                          When rewriting the nand memory it is possible to receive a warning "ci plus key fail" for which no solution was found.
                          Last edited by yokoono; 12-07-2019, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Okay, if I can find a motherboard, for this model 40PFS5709, then replace the old with the new, I dont have to mess with rewrite/program of nand memory, assuming the motherboard have a working nand memory... correct!

Comment

use USB 2 mouse or (air mouse Keyboard ) to control the TV and make hard reset from SM

Comment

Hi Diah, thank you for suggestion, USB mouse shows connected, however it is not able to function

Comment

Originally posted by klj2030 View Post
                                  Hi Diah, thank you for suggestion, USB mouse shows connected, however it is not able to function
                                  i didn't understand how it show connected but no function !!
                                  i use always this air mouse keyboard at TVs with RC no function. to control it..
                                  F are function which lead to many item at setup.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Diah, have you had the same problem... as shown in the first post of the thread...pics and video? Im tellin you, it is not possible to acccess setup or any other function.... I can power up, volume control, change channels that is it.... the mouse connect... when I try to use it... it freezes and also turns of the tv sometimes I really value the replies... but Im throwin in the towel...dont have the tools to fix the possible nand memory corruption, as yokoono said... so Philips suck air, and will never buy another one

Comment

of course i faced such problem with Philips and another Linux system based TV. its not computation at NAND.. if NAND then you will never have what you saw now.. its Glitch at Firmware. so the Vendor RC key. don't function.. more to clear this Issue.. the TV recieve the IR code. but it will not match the Vendor Key on SW. some time when we use non original RC. such like android app with IR sender we find the TV response .. but on original RC not however the Original RC working fine.. but its IR code when it send to the TV the replay time are shorter than ( android apk) which it had delay value higher.. its same to mouse or the air mouse keyboard..

its up to you... i just want to clear some things many users make wrong judgment on such issue.

i find on my pc archive the service manual for yours Tv chassis TM14.2E its large file to upload over here.. and i found also the UART where once i used before many years.. don't know if you are familiar with UART how to use service port on the tv.
                                      Last edited by Diah; 12-08-2019, 06:07 PM.

Comment

thank you Diah... I will try again with an air mouse keyboard next weekend, I only had USB 2 mouse. The UART and service port no experience

Comment

Working...
                                        X