Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: APC SMT2200i not charging

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
    Another thing: Since there has been a few battery packs in there by now, did you try the calibration yet (put on a 500W load etc...)?
    oh hell yeah, the calibrations been out for a long time, I never clicked onto this being a no charge fault until last week and means it has been fubar on the voltage readings for a couple of years, I loaded it to 30% as per the suggestions by APC forum staff, kept the load stable and did a test, it would drop from 6:21 (stock no load with new battery time) to under an hour and each time I tried it the time would get lower until it just failed every attempt.

New ups in, 30% load, calibration ran for over 90 minutes then came back with 6:15 mins.

Comment

I have a couple lined up GM328A or GM328R ?
      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-versi...kAAOSwHnFV2EJw

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2016-EZM32...sAAOSwtJZXU~VA

Comment

I don't know if those testers are good or not. One is a kit version.

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
          I don't know if those testers are good or not. One is a kit version.
          I found a thread about them on here so I think I am on the right path

Comment

I had to look for this thread again and revive it.

Soooo... it happens to be that my APC-2200i which is identical to this one, done the same thing and took a dump. Mine is now on its third set of batteries, in which I put new batteries in about 5 months ago. The last week I noticed that my battery percentage kept falling and falling.
            Hmm... maybe time for a cleaning and see whats going on. I found 3 bad caps. Two 16V 47uF and one 50V 22uF. They were not swollen or leaking, but had a highish ESR of around 2 Ohm. One cap is C610 located on the main board, the other 2 are on the daughter board under the fan at the rear of the unit. Changed them out, put the darn thing back together and everything is working so far like a charm again. Sorry no pics this time around. Post #7, pic #6 has C610 showing. The little daughter board doesn't have that many caps on it so you should find it o.k. if the need arises.

Comment

Working...
            X