Custom stand alone LED power board question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom stand alone LED power board question

This post is in a gray area when it comes to which forum to post in. It isn't exactly about LCD TV repair and it's asking about electronic theory so I'm guessing it belongs in this forum. Anyway...

About a week or so someone set a ns-40d510na15 40" LED TV outside of a dumpster. On closer inspection the LCD panel was smashed/leaking but the internal power board, control board, back light LEDs, etc, look perfect.

I did a quick look around and I couldn't find a good price on a replacement panel. Since I wouldn't use the tuner etc in the unit I was thinking of selling some of the internal parts and making a custom power supply for the LED backlights. Maybe use it as a sweet work light or backlighting some fancy art.

My question is how are these types of LEDs powered? Does it require a high DC or AC voltage like a CCFL? Would it cost a lot of money and time to make a custom power supply for it? Or would anyone know a good source for a compatible 40" LCD replacement panel? Anyone have a service manual with a schematic of the power board used? I've included some pictures of the power board. Please let me know if any other pictures or info would help. Thanks!
    Attached Files

Re: Custom stand alone LED power board question

Do you still have the parts?

Comment

Working...
    X