Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OCZ Powerstream PSU (Fuhjyyu 3300uF 10V)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OCZ Powerstream PSU (Fuhjyyu 3300uF 10V)

Hello,

I have an old OCZ Powerstream 520W PSU I would like to keep using. It works currently, but I opened it up and found some bulging caps which have me worried, I would like to replace these. There are:

4x Fuhjyyu 3300uF 10V

What could I replace these with? Where could I buy replacements that ship to Germany?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Kleist; 11-08-2020, 02:12 PM.

Re: OCZ Powerstream PSU (Fuhjyyu 3300uF 10V)

what diameter are they?

Comment

What are my options? It's hard to measure with all the wires in the way, but it seems to be 10mm.

Comment

panasonic FK or FS series 2700uf 10v 10mm will work
        https://www.reichelt.com/gb/en/e-cap...ct=pol_0&nbc=1

Comment

It won't matter that they have difference capacitance values?

Comment

no - not when replacing the worst caps known.

Comment

Your comment leaves me slightly concerned about the quality of the rest of the components in here, perhaps the PSU is not worth salvaging?

The large first stage caps are Teapo LXK 1200uf 200V 85C, are these any good?

Last edited by Kleist; 11-09-2020, 01:35 PM.

Comment

the psu is worth salvaging for the price of some caps you cannot find a psu capable of doing 520watts reliable and built this well most manufacturers skip on the quality of caps on cheaper products which is a shame seeing that the product is really well built aside from the caps

Comment

teapo are fine on the input,
                  some of the best psu's used what i call "fukyou" caps - it does not reflect on the quality of the psu itself

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                    teapo are fine on the input,
                    some of the best psu's used what i call "fukyou" caps - it does not reflect on the quality of the psu itself
                    Ok good to know, then I will press on with the project and replace the "fukyou"s with the Panasonic caps you linked.

Comment

3,300uF 10V is 12.5mm dia but common is the smaller 10mm dia parts. There are also super skinny 8mm parts but really tall.
                      I have managed to stuff in 12.5mm dia. parts in a few power supplies but it was tight.

Comment

While you are at it you should also replace other junk caps even if they have no signs of going bad yet.

I think I see a GL cap in the photo you uploaded. These are quite terrible too and should be replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by Nevalite View Post
                          What could I replace these with? Where could I buy replacements that ship to Germany?
                          See if you can find Rubycon ZLQ series @ 6.3V and 3900 uF.
                          Part number for these is usually 6.3ZLQ3900MEFC10X20

Although the original cap is 10V, it is probably used either on the 3.3V or 5V rail - both of which are less than 6.3V, so that's why 6.3V should be fine. As for the slight increase in capacitance from 3300 uF to 3900 uF - that should actually provide even better filtering on the output, so it's also OK to do.

Another option is United Chemicon KYB @ 6.3V, 3300 uF.
                          Part number for these is usually EKYB6R3ELL332MJ30S

Both of these options are 10 mm diameter, but the KYB is quite a bit higher (~32 mm vs. 20 mm for the ZLQ.) Just worth mentioning this, in case height is a problem.

Originally posted by goodpsusearch View Post
                          While you are at it you should also replace other junk caps even if they have no signs of going bad yet.
                          Agreed.

Really except for the two big 200V Teapo LXK caps on the input, all other caps should be replaced. When it comes to the really really small ones... depending on where they are, you may want to replace some of those too (though certainly not necessary to replace all the tiny electrolytic caps.)
                          Last edited by momaka; 11-14-2020, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X