LOGIK L32HED13 LED TV Intermittent wont turn on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOGIK L32HED13 LED TV Intermittent wont turn on

LOGIK L32HED13, turns on and works fine most of the time, but im told every now and then, it wont switch on.

Is C25 on the PCB meant to look like that? Or could that perhaps be the problem?
    Attached Files

Re: LOGIK L32HED13 LED TV Intermittent wont turn on

Yes, that seems like the symptom of a marginal/bad/weak capacitor, that cap does look unusual, I haven't seen any that were not flat on top, that were good that is.

Comment

C12 looks a bit strange too, but as in the top os indented, is this normal??
      Attached Files

Comment

That one looks pretty strange to me for sure.

Comment

Wonder if those cheap esr meters are any good on ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloopeta View Post
            LOGIK L32HED13, turns on and works fine most of the time, but im told every now and then, it wont switch on.

Is C25 on the PCB meant to look like that? Or could that perhaps be the problem?
            C25 is for the missing capacitor above, that's D9 and a diode. What is the value of the small green capacitor in photo 3 at the bottom of the PCB under the word HOT. ?

Originally posted by Bloopeta View Post
            C12 looks a bit strange too, but as in the top os indented, is this normal??
            It does look a little funky on the top.

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
            Having compared the readings to my Peak ESR70, yes they are. They also have the added bonus of measuring mosfets and resistors and are significantly cheaper.

Comment

Lots to choose from: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...sacat=0&_sop=2

Comment

I would remove the power supply board and inspect the solder connections espectially on the transformer pins etc.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                  C25 is for the missing capacitor above, that's D9 and a diode. What is the value of the small green capacitor in photo 3 at the bottom of the PCB under the word HOT. ?

It does look a little funky on the top.

Having compared the readings to my Peak ESR70, yes they are. They also have the added bonus of measuring mosfets and resistors and are significantly cheaper.

Sorry my bad, eyes arent what they use to be lol, I did mean D9, is it meant to look that messy?? Lol

The small green capacitor you mention under the word HOT is number C10, and is a 22uf 50v 105 degrees celcius

That C12 is badly dented in on the top, I dont know if its been psysically damaged in the past of TV has been opened up before somehow or what, as I dont understamd how it could look like this?? I thought bad caps domed and bulged, not sank in lol

Comment

What is the value of the small green capacitor in photo 3 at the bottom of the PCB under the word HOT.
                    Unfortunately I dont have any way of testing capacitors, I only have a basic DMM and dont think I can do anything regarding capacitors with it.
                    I have attached a pic of the one I have
                    Attached Files

Comment

some on there are very cheap, would be worth picking one up of they are any good definately

Comment

That first one has a good price, maybe some members here have it and can advise, might be some reviews on amazon or someplace.
                        Last edited by nomoresonys; 11-20-2019, 05:18 AM.

Comment

That first one has a good price, maybe some members here have it and can advise, might be some reviews on amazon or someplace.
                          Yeah theyre the ones I was looking at, cant go wrong for the price if they are any good

Comment

There are plenty of posts on here about them. Anyone half serious about fixing has some way of measuring ESR. That's ignoring all of the other features of them and the fact if you buy a kit version you get the satisfaction of building your own tool. Follow the calibration instructions and the accuracy is pretty decent when compared with other more expensive meters.

Comment

Yep, nothing worse than trying to guess if a cap is ok or not.

Comment

Yep, nothing worse than trying to guess if a cap is ok or not.
                                Why guess when meters are so cheap. Those that fix have a way to measure ESR, those that don't either don't fix or don't know about them.

Comment

Indeed, it's cheap enough to have around even if you very seldom need to fix any electronics, plus it's small.
                                  Last edited by nomoresonys; 11-20-2019, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Why guess when meters are so cheap. Those that fix have a way to measure ESR, those that don't either don't fix or don't know about them.
                                    Indeed, it's cheap enough to have around even if you very seldom need to fix any electronics, plus it's small.

I have ordered one up, I had no idea they were so cheap until now
                                    Last edited by Bloopeta; 11-20-2019, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                                      I would remove the power supply board and inspect the solder connections espectially on the transformer pins etc.
                                      Have removed and inspected the rear, would appear 2 diodes have been replaced before.

C8 can be wiggled quite a bit, but doesnt show on solder connection on rear of board
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Looks like you have some bad solder joints, look by R57, can check youtube for how bad/cold solder joints look, sometimes they look good but are not, can also look very closely at the resistors from the bottom, sometimes there just a tiny pinhole in m that's hard to see.
                                        Last edited by nomoresonys; 11-20-2019, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X