Ratchet Crimping Pliers for BNC/TNC Connectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ratchet Crimping Pliers for BNC/TNC Connectors

The tool below is from the ones that possibly I would use 20 times in a life time, because I am not an 100% RF guy.

Even so the prices for it in a electronics hardware store is about 40 EUR.
    Sudenly eBay become full of them and possibly due the low demand, it pricing it did roll down to 11 EUR shipped.

Did any one buy it? So to be able to make spesific comments about it?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3108585576...84.m1423.l2649

Re: Ratchet Crimping Pliers for BNC/TNC Connectors

I dont have that tool specifically, but i have a bag of similar tools for cat 5 cables, telephone cable, etc. I bought cheap chinese tools after my nice kline tools got stolen. For as often as i use them (not often) they work fine. If you use it so often that it breaks or becomes an inconvenience, upgrade to a nicer one.

Comment

For some crazy reason the specific version of tool was always overpriced compared to the ones for network and telephone connectors.

And currently I do have all ready 2-3 items which I can possibly repair with it, because they came with poorly made crimping from the factory.

Comment

For network and phone jacks, you want a crimper that puts the same amount of pressure on both ends of the jack.
        This is the tool I used years ago when I worked as network administrator (click to zoom):

Not a professional tool by far, but way better than those cheaper things which put uneven pressure and in the case of cheaper jacks can even stretch the channels and weaken the jacks.

For some connectors like Molex and so on, I use an Engineer PA-09 crimper... quality tool with good steel : http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/m...tem/800-pa-09/

If you find a crimper for bnc made by them, it's worth it.

For round crimping as is the case with the connectors the tool in first post does, it's not an issue, so I guess that one will works OK.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X