BGA rework station - suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BGA rework station - suggestion

Hi, can you please give me suggestion for buying BGA rework station, right now i have T-862++ witch is bad for motherboards (like reballing nvidia or other GPU chip) I found Scotle IR6000 V4 on ebay for 700$ or less. Will it do the job?

Thank you
    ...the quieter you become the more you are able to hear...

Re: BGA rework station - suggestion

Anything other than the Puhuit series should be good.

Comment

It depends your budget and skill, I've been use IR6000 for two years with no problem till now ( except replace bottom heater and I think it's common problem like you replace heater solder ). My guide for first use is youtube

Comment

I think i will have this amount of money, but can you tell me from firt hand some tip for reballing bga chip. What type of flux do you use and will it last. ( i ment when you reball bga will it work ok?)

Comment

First time use Amtech ( maybe I get the fake one ) with bad result, some people suggest Kingbo Flux ( no idea is it fake or not ) get from ebay with better result than before ( use it till now )

Comment

what is difference between manufactures of bga stations, i see there is Scotle, ARCI, etc. I am thinking of buying this http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Infrared...item416c9f0e90

but can someone confirm me that i can reball the ROhS standard (lead free) BGA with this machine?

Comment

Originally posted by rtstorm View Post
              what is difference between manufactures of bga stations, i see there is Scotle, ARCI, etc. I am thinking of buying this http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Infrared...item416c9f0e90

but can someone confirm me that i can reball the ROhS standard (lead free) BGA with this machine?
              I have never used that machine. But since it uses Dark IR it will probably work quite well. The cheapo Puhuit series tend to burn and blister chips. The Dark IR is much better.
              As far as flux goes. I use Kingbo with a syringe. Works great. ~L-J-7~

Comment

i found these few model, and i cannot make up my mind.

1. http://www.seamarkzm.com/380.html
                2. http://www.thebgawarehouse.com/index...product_id=717

can you suggest me some rework machine in this price range?

Comment

I found this, is this good price for whole package?

http://www.focalbga.com/scotle-hr600...ift_p2143.html

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27385

Please look there to help make a decison

Comment

Sup Xbox didn't know you where on here lol

I started BGA about 18 months ago i can know do pretty much any laptop no problem!
                      Reflows will not work what so ever because of the epoxy used around the BGA chips.

Also as a note with he Nvidia series chips anything made befor Data code year 09 has to be replaced as the chip it self is defective and you will receive the same problem if using old lead free solder or new leaded solder. Don't get me wrong the leaded solder will hold up better but the defect is uneven heating in the actual BGA chip itself!

Myself i would just spend the money on a bigger rework station i got me a ACHI IR SC pro be prepared to replace all ceramic heating plates with better quality plates from elstein and the SSR relays is what i would suggest and the Thermocouples with a good omega one! If you go with the Jovy these plates are already upgraded but you will pay for it.

For reballing i use Superior RMA 99 to remove chip and clean board pads or BGA site and also to clean chip.

When cleaning chip use low melt to get old solder of with some flux when old solder is mostly gone use some good solder wick and clean the BGA chip up.

Very thin coat of KingBo applied to chip with stencil of choice direct heat or indirect heat at this point i use a hotplate system or a T862++ to melt the balls to the chip i can use a hot air wand and have one but why fight hot air blowing everything around.

Put some kingbo on your BGA site and reflow the chip to the board.

Good luck!

Comment

Thank you, has anyone buy something from alibaba.com? I fount there lot of these machines, or shoud i stick with ebay and other secure web pages?

Comment

When you buy from alibaba, use escrow to place your order.

Comment

I buy from jovy system. The machine is very good and hav support form technical team. If u have money you go to buy jovy machine if not just enough ir6500 from achi

Comment

i found this Honton on BGA store

http://www.thebgastore.com/Hot-Air-S...A-Station-220V this one is IR

http://www.thebgastore.com/Hot-Air-S...n-HT-5630-220V this one is HOT AIR

on this specification say that chip limit is 50mm, is that enough for laptop repair (graphics card)

can someone review this and comment. It is a good price for free shipping.

Are they shipping from UK or China? it is important for my customs.

Comment

they ships from uk or us if i remeber, contact the sales persons, very cool guys and the know what they sells.

stay away from direct import from china aliexpress,alibaba and so on: the risk of waste your money and time is HIGH.

Comment

Ok thank you, what about HONTON? Is this ok machine brand?

Comment

Honton is decent actually, compared to other chinese machines

Comment

oh please dont mention the damned jovy!
                                      you can get those real cheap on ebay from people who got one & leared the hard way.

they dont have a big enough pre-heater & can de-laminate the board.

Comment

the re7500 was meant for cell phones never for large boards
                                        the re8500 has a large preheater for game console boards

so jovy is not actually that bad

the newcomer is large enough for game consoles too http://thebgareworkmachine.com/ and made in the ol usa

Comment

Working...
                                        X