This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ESR meter upgrades

If you are building on CentOS7 or RHEL7 I made a small writeup here.
    If not the version of GCC should still be relevant no matter what build OS you have.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...&postcount=773
    Last edited by Per Hansson; 12-03-2017, 01:25 PM.
    "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

I have just received a couple of 16mhz crystals and fitted one to my T4 tester
      with the old program which is v1.12 all the capactors read double there value where as resistors and transistors seem to read within tolerence, I have tried several 16mhz firmware upgrades with no luck just a blank screen, any suggestions ? if all else fails I can always revert to the 8mhz crystal. the original firmware was V2.68 which I lost due to corruption and damage to the original chip, (my fault) did not discharge capacitor.
      John

Comment

post foto's of the board

Comment

Piece of s*$#(%t...

I remember having so much trouble making sure that gcc fit everything in flash and got so pissed off when gcc version bumps caused bloat, and it's still a problem...

Comment

i think the good one is 4.8
            need to fire up the other box & check.

Comment

I was pissed off that I kept 3.3.something for a long time because it produced the smallest code...
              Alas had OS compatibility issues as it was kept back for so long and forced to delete it.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                post foto's of the board
                Picture of the board is shown in #825.
                John
                Last edited by Per Hansson; 12-05-2017, 12:35 PM. Reason: Added direct link

Comment

test these - let me know which gives you a display.
                  that's all its for btw, determining how the display is wired.
                  Attached Files

Comment

test these - let me know which gives you a display.
                    that's all its for btw, determining how the display is wired.
                    Hi stj;Have downloaded your firmware the strip grid16 is the one that gives a display see thumbnails the other (16mz) is blank.
                    John
                    Attached Files

Comment

good, now go into the contrast menu if you can, and find the best setting

Comment

good, now go into the contrast menu if you can, and find the best setting
                        Hi stj; do not seem to be able to get the contrast menu up only having one button to press.
                        John

Comment

long press / short press combinations should work - sort of.

Comment

long press / short press combinations should work - sort of.
                            Tried a combination of long short presses with link in and out all to no avail.

john

Comment

If I press the button once it goes into test and then this screen with no component connected and stays like this until battery is disconnected.
                              John
                              Attached Files

Comment

when it's off, hold the button down.
                                you will get a menu, or it's not enabled - i didnt check.

Comment

Same board as TEDDIBEAR have.Except crystal at 16MHz.
                                  Replaced push button with encoder.
                                  Tested few versions,some no display,some display OK but only push button works no encoder.
                                  Finally found this one
                                  https://www.mikrocontroller.net/svnb..._T3_T4_st7565/
                                  But crystal on board was already 16MHz so display double value.
                                  Change value in makefile and works fine.

Comment

when it's off, hold the button down.
                                    you will get a menu, or it's not enabled - i didnt check.
                                    No unable to get any menu by holding button down. only test which if you do not insert component reads 54.62pf then if you insert 3 pin link it will run through some information as pictured in previous thread this is the only way to get it to switch off automatically, if you do not insert link it just sits at 54.62pf.
                                    John

Comment

the test i posted is 16MHz, it was to see how the display was wired.

Comment

Originally posted by TEDDIBEAR View Post
                                        No unable to get any menu by holding button down. only test which if you do not insert component reads 54.62pf then if you insert 3 pin link it will run through some information as pictured in previous thread this is the only way to get it to switch off automatically, if you do not insert link it just sits at 54.62pf.
                                        John
                                        ignore that firmware - it's done it's job.
                                        now i know how your display is wired, i can make a "real" firmware later.

Comment

Originally posted by gabiz_ro View Post
                                          Same board as TEDDIBEAR have.Except crystal at 16MHz.
                                          Replaced push button with encoder.
                                          Tested few versions,some no display,some display OK but only push button works no encoder.
                                          Finally found this one
                                          https://www.mikrocontroller.net/svnb..._T3_T4_st7565/
                                          But crystal on board was already 16MHz so display double value.
                                          Change value in makefile and works fine.
                                          Hi have never worked on makefile so would not know how to change any values
                                          any help would be appreciated.
                                          John

Comment

Working...
                                          X