Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RCUnlocker

Originally posted by peste View Post
    yes, you wanted to delete his password, look at the bios here..
    Thanks for the quick reply. So just so I'm clear your saying to write this file to bios and it should be good?
    I thought I read that I should read multiple times and make sure that the are all same size ect.
    Is it normal to read the chip and verify bin then when I go to read it again its empty? Sorry if these questions are obvious, I'm just trying to fully understand. Thanks again

Also im getting this error when opening the bin i pulled with rcunlocker.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by aspenthedon; 04-27-2023, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aspenthedon View Post
      Thanks for the quick reply. So just so I'm clear your saying to write this file to bios and it should be good?
      I thought I read that I should read multiple times and make sure that the are all same size ect.
      Is it normal to read the chip and verify bin then when I go to read it again its empty? Sorry if these questions are obvious, I'm just trying to fully understand. Thanks again

Also im getting this error when opening the bin i pulled with rcunlocker.
      it should not be empty when you read it...use the HxD program..
      with this model it is ok... don't take the window into account..
      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Im a bit new to all of this can you maybe explain a bit more?
        hxd hex editor im assuming your talking about? Im sorry about the confusion

Comment

its concerning that I read it fine now I get chip is empty error or it reads and is filled with nothing. I hope I didn't do something wrong.

that file you uploaded to me earlier what is that for?

Comment

also when I'm reading the chip these are the settings, maybe something isn't set right? my original read file i believe has a size of 128B set in the program.
            Attached Files

Comment

Im a bit new to all of this can you maybe explain a bit more?
              hxd hex editor im assuming your talking about? Im sorry about the confusion
              Yes that's exactly what he meant.
              This discussion and your questions are starting to get off-topic here.
              Read some guides here before asking more questions please:

BIOS guides, methods, resources and tools

Common SPI bios chip programming Questions and Answers

P.S. There's no need to post multiple times one after another, use the EDIT button if you want to add something.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
              Become a Badcaps supporter
              >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
              Thanks to all supporters.​
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                Yes that's exactly what he meant.
                This discussion and your questions are starting to get off-topic here.
                Read some guides here before asking more questions please:

BIOS guides, methods, resources and tools

Common SPI bios chip programming Questions and Answers

P.S. There's no need to post multiple times one after another, use the EDIT button if you want to add something.

I apologize. I'm just stuck and don't know what my options are. Can you verify that the dump I uploaded is or is not complete? thanks

Comment

I apologize. I'm just stuck and don't know what my options are. Can you verify that the dump I uploaded is or is not complete? thanks
                  There is no need to do it, since Peste has worked on the file I am absolutely sure that everything is fine. He is one of the people here who have certainly proven his professionalism many times. To say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                    There is no need to do it, since Peste has worked on the file I am absolutely sure that everything is fine. He is one of the people here who have certainly proven his professionalism many times. To say the least.

Oh awesome. I asked what he meant by look at the bios. I wanted to make sure I was understanding correctly. I was just confused is all! Thanks you guys for your help and I will report back!

Comment

Hey, love this thread and all the effort that went into it.
                      I received a ZBook 17 G5 from my friend that is locked by a fingerprint and password. He managed to hurt his finger so badly that the fingerprint reader failed to detect his finger anymore. And after 2 years he also forgot the password.

I had a quick peek inside and I see two flash chips, one is marked EC and it is a standard SOIC-8 package that I have a clip for, but the other one is marked BIOS which is that low profile WSON-8 package. If possible, I would prefer not to take the board out and desolder that one...

Do I need to get the dumps of both of chips to get it unlocked?
                      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mitchw View Post
                        Hey, love this thread and all the effort that went into it.
                        I received a ZBook 17 G5 from my friend that is locked by a fingerprint and password. He managed to hurt his finger so badly that the fingerprint reader failed to detect his finger anymore. And after 2 years he also forgot the password.

I had a quick peek inside and I see two flash chips, one is marked EC and it is a standard SOIC-8 package that I have a clip for, but the other one is marked BIOS which is that low profile WSON-8 package. If possible, I would prefer not to take the board out and desolder that one...

Do I need to get the dumps of both of chips to get it unlocked?
                        Thanks
                        try RCUnlocker on the 16MB chip.. I wouldn't advise you to use the clip, most of the time it gives errors.. if you don't have a chip adapter stick wires between the chip and the programmer... don't forget to make a backup copy of the chip before writing..
                        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

I tried it using on a 16MB EC chip, and it said successfully unlocked.
                          But when I wrote the image back, it is now again asking for a password... or fingerprint

Comment

Originally posted by mitchw View Post
                            I tried it using on a 16MB EC chip, and it said successfully unlocked.
                            But when I wrote the image back, it is now again asking for a password... or fingerprint
                            And you are unable to enter the bios with F10 and reset security settings to default?

Comment

Hello, can you help me to remove the password? Thanks
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by drefo View Post
                                Hello, can you help me to remove the password? Thanks
                                Use the tool with your 16Mb dump. Leave the 32Mb one as is.

Comment

I made the modification but the screen remains black and the fan turns quickly. thanks

Comment

I made the modification but the screen remains black and the fan turns quickly. thanks
                                    Just wait a little longer, first boot will take a while. If the problem persist check the soldering of the both chips to the motherboard, and surrounding area for blown components. Check the content of the 16Mb chip again, use verification.

Comment

thanks for the info, just before doing the 16mb i had looked at the 32mb passing it to unlocker, can it do something wrong? Thanks

Comment

thanks for the info, just before doing the 16mb i had looked at the 32mb passing it to unlocker, can it do something wrong? Thanks
                                        What do you mean by "passing in to unlocker", RCU doesn't work with the 32Mb dump anyways so I don't understand what do you mean, besides I've said not to touch the 32Mb chip. Did you play (read/write/erase..) with it too at some point?

Comment

I modified the file 32 mb with Hpunlocker and then I tried to start, here is my mistake I put it back original to then make your modification

Comment

Working...
                                          X