Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UE55H6200 Sound but no video display

Good morning all hope someone can help,

One evening a week ago Our samsung TV screen suddenly went blank but audio was still working. Left for a while then turn off/on power to see it this resolved the issue but issue still persists. Input is not the issue as menu screen is not visible either. Did the flashlight test which failed also. Audio still works but no led back light or video display.

Please see attachment for picture of the tcon, power board and main board. Before I start randomly changing boards, ect. When powering up the front red LED flashes around 7 times. Can anyone advise on how and what to test next?

Kind regards
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung UE55H6200 Sound but no video display

With tv unplugged, unhook cable from powerboard to mainboard, plug tv back into power, see if backlights come on.

Comment

Thanks for the response nomoresonys as soon as I get home I willteat

Thank you

Comment

Ok so when I disconnect the power board from the main board I can see the LEDs light up from the holes behind. Coincidentally it seems that if I keep the power connect to the main board and disconnect the tcon board the LEDs do light up. What can you make from this?

Kind regards

Comment

Disconnect ribbon cables (unplugged) one at a time and see if you get a picture.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50646

Comment

Hi neilc6, I've tried disconnecting the ribbon cables one at a time and have the same issue. It seems that as soon as the t con board is connected the leds go out even with no ribbons connected to the LCDs. There are no lights built onto the tcon board. Could it be a faulty tcon board?
            Last edited by Nix125; 08-17-2019, 08:34 AM.

Comment

It is looking like a faulty tcon, I would try one if they're not to expensive, tcon can be tested, how to test can be confusing tho if not clearly marked.
              Last edited by nomoresonys; 08-17-2019, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply do you have any guidence on how to test?

Comment

To be honest I have trouble knowing what the voltages should be, haven't had to deal with them very often, well lets see which one you have, what are the first 10 letter/numbers on your white sticker? Should start with bn-96xxx.
                  Last edited by nomoresonys; 08-17-2019, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Thanks for looking nomoresonys. Take a look at my attachment you should be able to zoom up as its decent resolution?

Comment

See the labels vgb 14, vgb13 etc, and the little round copper looking pads, there's like 28 or so, those are test points but I don't know what voltage they should be.

Comment

One there that seems to be a match: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5555T10C0...UAAOSw2QtdJ2za

Comment

Just in case it can't be fixed, list there, the first one has a bit different numbers think I would skip that one, but from 2 down a ways look like a match, they seem to have a bunch of them, they also have a make offer option: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...vn05.7&_sop=15
                          Last edited by nomoresonys; 08-17-2019, 10:57 AM.

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...2&d=1566036467
                            Check: with and without ribbon cables between the LCD panel connected. Do not disconnect and re-connect any cables when TV is plugged into the outlet.
                            VGH
                            VCOM
                            V12

Does LED3_AVDD light up when TV is turned on?
                            Last edited by budm; 08-17-2019, 03:25 PM.
                            Never stop learning
                            Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                            http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Hi nomoresonys thanks for the links on ebay I checked them out a few days ago hopefully tcon board will fix the issue. Dudm we tried with and without the lcd connect which made no difference. There is no led on the tcon board?

Many thanks
                              Last edited by Nix125; 08-18-2019, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Did you test those three spots in Buds post #14? VGH
                                VCOM
                                V12

Comment

Hey nomoresonys I can see VGHC, VGL and VGB12 on the TCOM board is this the pads to check. I have a multimeter what am I checking for? Thanks

Comment

Damn if I know, I was trying to learn what they should read myself.

Comment

�� lol were see if the Tcom board I ordered will fix the tv should arrive late next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Nix125 View Post
                                        Hey nomoresonys I can see VGHC, VGL and VGB12 on the TCOM board is this the pads to check. I have a multimeter what am I checking for? Thanks
                                        good question but probably not important. The reason being, is just measure and post the results. The "wrong voltage" will usually standout... low, high or otherwise. You aren't looking for an absolute value at this point.

further, the labeling isn't going to be "exact" for all set and hence look for things like "VXXX" or so as potential points of interest. As budm has indicated, those that he listed are a good "type" to look for.
                                        Last edited by budwich; 08-18-2019, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X