Samsung UN55F6800AF Pink Tinge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN55F6800AF Pink Tinge

The Samsung F model years all suffer from BGA failures with one symptom is constant rebooting. Got a hold of this one with reports of constant rebooting and there was a previous repair attempt. There is a ebay seller that fixes these boards for a moderate price so I shipped it to him. The previous repair had spliced two wires going to the power supply board that had browned pins and also removed the wifi module.

After installing the repaired board and performing a factory reset, I noticed the image has a pink tinge. White is white and pink is affecting some of the lighter colors. I suspect a bad tcon here. Thoughts?

Update: I contacted the ebay seller and he helped me fix it. The R_GAIN and B_GAIN setting were cranked up to 255 from default 49 in the ADC_RESULTS section of the service menu. Shoutout to ebay seller kcrownie. I have sent 3 F series main boards for him to repair so far. 1 came back as working and only charged the diagnostic fee and very helpful with this issue. Hate dealing with TVs that have previous repair attempts since you're not sure whats been played around with.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by neilc6; 12-14-2019, 03:43 PM.
Working...
X