Clear All

Re: Sharp LC60C6400U - 2 long binks, 5 short blinks error code

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLAVfokdcSU

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEJoPCa7Kt0

Comment

Thank you nomoresonys. Are Sonys that tough to work on you've sworn them off?

Also just re-tested my voltages on the KIA378R12PI which is what I originally thought was the problem, now not so certain. But the final peg reads 2.68

It originally read 2.5V so I'm worried it's broken now possibly causing this fussy fault-finding set to throw a tantrum over turning on. I'd like to know the jump technique - I haven't been able to jump the feet on the regulator myself, not sure what I'm doing there even though I've read the threads about it...

Comment

What value should NUR460 on my board be when I test it with multimeter? Should I test it when the set is off or on? Leaning towards this part as failing as it is reading 0V on both ends, but I see a slight flutter on the reading, but it settles at 0V.

Comment

Originally posted by Noobwithamultimeter View Post

What value should NUR460 on my board be when I test it with multimeter? Should I test it when the set is off or on? Leaning towards this part as failing as it is reading 0V on both ends, but I see a slight flutter on the reading, but it settles at 0V.
            Is the PFC Voltage booster not working? Is that why you are checking the PFC section?
            Never stop learning
            Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
            http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

It could be one thing leading to the whole failure. I've been reading on the board and found it to be a catch-all error code so I'm not sure.

Comment

Everything looks clean. All the LEDS are clean looking with no brown or black marks on them, all the ICs on the sides and bottom are new looking with no melting or anything and the image has no lines in it when it's working. Just haven't been able to turn it on since the last failure. Stopped working mid-movie and no progress since.

Comment

I just found someone with a similar code 2 blinks 2 blinks with a failed NUR460. I'm grasping at straws now.

Comment

That's a diode you have there in your picture: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQpXBHEn09A

Comment

In retrospect sonys aren't really that bad, I prefer them over samsung as far as reliability goes, specially since 2013 or so when they went to all led backlighting, later came oled which has it's own problems of course.

Comment

Yes I now see youtube videos of dead pixels on those OLEDS.

Comment

NUR460 reads 499, then 498. I think that means it's ok.

Comment

If there is a NUR460 (made by NXP) in the location, D7805, it could be shorted and needs to be replace with the MUR460 (made by Lite-on), This was in a Sharp bulletin.
                            If D7805 IS indeed shorted it would effect the PFC voltage which can be measured across one of the main filter capacitors. (160vdc in standby) (385vdc with power ON)
                            Last edited by R_J; 04-27-2021, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Aha! Now we're getting somewhere. D7805 is on my board, I tested it and there are numbers coming through. Just not sure what the values should be. But I know it would be lower than 1000 according to youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                                If there is a NUR460 (made by NXP) in the location, D7805, it could be shorted and needs to be replace with the MUR460 (made by Lite-on), This was in a Sharp bulletin.
                                So the MUR460 is a stronger part? Worth a shot if Sharp told their techs about it.

Comment

So the MUR460 is a stronger part? Worth a shot if Sharp told their techs about it.
                                  This will only effect the PFC voltage. I doubt its your problem if you are getting UR13.2 volts on PD pin 5,6,7,8 ,or a simple check of the voltage ACROSS one of the main filter capacitors (C7800A or B) in the primary will give the answer.
                                  Last edited by R_J; 04-27-2021, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Oh, can you tell me how to check that? I have a few hours to kill. Still tinkering.

Comment

Those are the big boys I have to discharge when I work on the board. Scary.

Comment

Those are the big boys I have to discharge when I work on the board. Scary.
                                        Check the voltage on plug PD pin 5,6,7,8 If it is 13.2 volts (or close to it) the pfc circuit is working and there is no need to check the voltage across the main caps. And DO NOT short those caps to discharge them you will kill the board.

Comment

Yes pin 4 on KIA378R12PI is still 13.19V

Bad news for you and me - that's how I've been discharging both main caps every time I remove the main board. Across the leads one at a time with a screwdriver until I see sparks.

Comment

Working...
                                          X