Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox 360 Slim PSU Zener diode ID

Hello
    Been a while since I posted on here, hope everyone doing well. Recently I acquired a few xbox 360s and one of them had a terrible fan noise inside the PSU. The fan wire is normally glued down to the PCB with some high temp silicone. Not an issue to remove since the wire is barely glued, however this one was buried too deep, so stupid me grabbed the needle nose pliers not realizing there was a zener diode under that damn silicon, so I ripped that sucker in half. Can someone please help me identify the correct zener diode? All I see is D1 and no other markings on the PCB and just 41 on zener diode. Thanks for you help.
    Attached Files

Re: Xbox 360 Slim PSU Zener diode ID

are you sure it's a zener?
    maybe it's 4148?

Comment

I think you are correct, I put the damn thing under the microscope and found 8 on the other side. I can't see any other numbers as glass was shattered.
      Can someone please verify?

Comment

The component designation should have been "ZD" if it was a Zener, so I think stj's guess is the best you will get
        "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
          The component designation should have been "ZD" if it was a Zener, so I think stj's guess is the best you will get
          I removed the broken diode and cleaned the PCB there are no "ZD" or other Zener markings on the PCB. Already replaced it with 4148 and it's all good to go. Should use my brain more often. lol
          Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X