ASUS ROG G751JY randomly shuts down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS ROG G751JY randomly shuts down

ASUS ROG G751JY randomly shuts down. i cannot trace what is wrong. no voltage change or shortage. only i noticed that chipset ic is very hot. i put small heatsink on it but after few minutes it is hot for touch

Re: ASUS ROG G751JY randomly shuts down

Try cleaning bios ME. On older models random shutdowns was usually caused by a bad podlizer cap.

Comment

what is podlizer cap?

Comment

typo, sorry. I meant Proadlizer Capacitor (NEC TOKIN) https://parts4laptops.eu/en/other-el...citor-new.html. But I doubt your motherboard has this.

Comment

I've seen many ROGS and most of them has issues with PCH. However, that may/may not be the case here.

Comment

ROGs are well known for being shipped with voltages set extremely high in BIOS factory defaults and undervolting VCORE may solve auto shutdown issues most of the time. Not sure if this is the case here but it is one of the fixes you could try.

Comment

Originally posted by Smoxx View Post
              ROGs are well known for being shipped with voltages set extremely high in BIOS factory defaults and undervolting VCORE may solve auto shutdown issues most of the time. Not sure if this is the case here but it is one of the fixes you could try.
              but full load tests will not show it as overheating?

Comment

Are you able to run and complete full load tests without shutdown? If so, then overvolting may not be the issue.

Comment

Did you by any chance check if the cooling fins are clogged?

Comment

Originally posted by Spider1211 View Post
                    Did you by any chance check if the cooling fins are clogged?
                    cooling is not a problem. i run it by full load on gpu and cpu and it goes without problem. shut downs comess looks like randomly
                    sometimes i have problem with running two hdd. so i think maybe chipset have cracked balls under it

i have acer that have this problems , but it was the proadlizer cap
                    Last edited by ktmmotocross; 02-27-2021, 11:21 PM.

Comment

i have acer that have this problems , but it was the proadlizer cap
                      Probably a long shot but the larger capacitor could be acting up like the Nec Tokin cap. Check for AC ripple across it.

Comment

Originally posted by paulo66 View Post
                        Probably a long shot but the larger capacitor could be acting up like the Nec Tokin cap. Check for AC ripple across it.
                        ripple is 55-77mV
                        on gpu is ripple 25-55mV

Comment

AC mV? IsnĀ“t that noisy for Vcore?

Comment

today the first time after shut down i cannot start it. VIN was low. but after minute it start again. so i just jump first two mosfets and after that, no shutdown.

Comment

Working...
                            X