Alienware la-9332P - CPU Temp issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alienware la-9332P - CPU Temp issue

Hello. Have two of this boys but one of em giving me nuts.

Laptop woks normal, but cpu get VERY hot when max.load and turn off system.
    When i aplly full load it JUMP from 50c to 85c and climbing. cooling act like 60c.
    when i turn off load it jump from 95 to 55 in second. when i put half load and let cpu heat up fan goes faster and can run for hours on full load.
    HW info shows in max load switching between 80c and 95c
    i also notices that my VIN switch between 19.1V and 18.9V constantly on full CPU load

after some time on full load with fan speeding, fan goes to middle speed and TEMP stays on 80c and EVERYTHING WORKS OK even VIN stays on 19.1V

it suffers from inserting shorted gpu and it short one of second dcin mosfet
    Last edited by ktmmotocross; 03-01-2021, 05:11 AM.

Re: Alienware la-9332P - CPU Temp issue

Hi, is this is alienware 18 ?

what cpu u have inside ? the 4940mx ?

ur VIN is fine, it might be the the heatsink doesnt make proper contact, u can bend up the pins CAREFULLY and slightly and remount it, also use a good thermal paste . i always use cryonaut grizzly. And check if ur heatsink doesnt have visual damages.

Comment

the mosfet u can eazily replace. and u c0na measure the MXM gpu for a short on the 2 bigger contacts for continuity.

this is a very well known problem with the alienware MXM models

Comment

Originally posted by Pfudaniel View Post
        Hi, is this is alienware 18 ?

what cpu u have inside ? the 4940mx ?

ur VIN is fine, it might be the the heatsink doesnt make proper contact, u can bend up the pins CAREFULLY and slightly and remount it, also use a good thermal paste . i always use cryonaut grizzly. And check if ur heatsink doesnt have visual damages.
        NO damage work ok. maybe it is some kind of cold contact. when work for few minutes on full load, it switch itself to ok mod and everything start to work like have. temp not switching, VIN is stable, fan goes lower speed

Comment

Check ur thermal heatsink pipe, if u have same model laptop, try swap the heat pipe with others, maybe the problem laptop, haved bad spoil heat pipe heatsink.

Comment

threre is NO real overheating. problem is with thermal MEASURE.

anybody know how is cpu temp measured?

Comment

CPU temp is measured by CPU itself. Sounds like heatsink issue indeed.
              OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
                CPU temp is measured by CPU itself. Sounds like heatsink issue indeed.
                sounds like but after few minutes on full load. fan slow and ALL temp and everythng start to work ok, so there is no heatsink issue

Comment

like some cracked ball under ic, but as u said it is measured in die

Comment

Working...
                  X