Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UA32C6900 continuous restaring

Hi everyone.

I have a Samsung UA32C6900 with a BN44-00355B power supply and BN94-03562J main board. The tv powers up, runs it's jingle through the speakers then turns the back lights on with an image on the screen (faulty colours but that's probably another issue). After a further 2 seconds the unit shuts off and then goes through the same cycle as if powered up again.

I've measured the 5 volts and 12 volts from the P/S and they seem ok. It just gives up the ghost after two seconds of running the led back lights.

Some web hunt about this problem has come up with similar stories that make me think either the eeprom on the main board may be corrupt or the power supply may have an issue. It's just two seconds is an awfully long time if feeding into a fault before deciding to give up, so I am going to try and discount it by disconnecting the main board and jumper the supply to on.

I was just wondering before jumping right in if anyone has seen this type of sequence before with a UA or UE 32C series Samsung and what it might be.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Re: UA32C6900 continuous restaring

Did you have any luck with this one? I've just picked up one with what appears to be very similar symptoms. I haven't opened it up yet.

A.

Comment

Hi everyone please I need of schematic diagram of BN94-03562J Samsung main board.

Please help me

Comment

just had same thing . was a cap under the metal shield on the main board . found it with heating and cooling .

Comment

No metal shield on my main board other than the TV tuner can - I assume this is not what you are (were) talking about?
          Attached Files

Comment

Could you try to find the fault just as Petehall347 did with heating and cooling areas of the board.
            Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

I can do the heating bit, but not sure about the cooling. any suggestions?

Comment

was a metal shield with holes in if i remember rightly . try warming areas up anyway .

Comment

For cooling you can use a can of freezer spray or turn a can of compressed air (for dusting keyboards) upside down and spray.
                  Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

I use lighter gas/butane for freezing. It's cheap, readily available and is the propellant they use in the cheap cans of air anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                      I use lighter gas/butane for freezing. It's cheap, readily available and is the propellant they use in the cheap cans of air anyway.
                      be careful with that .it has a habit of hanging around on the floor ready for a spark

Comment

Originally posted by tiny68 View Post
                        No metal shield on my main board other than the TV tuner can - I assume this is not what you are (were) talking about?
                        So are you having the same issue as the OP?
                        Never stop learning
                        Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                        http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Theese recent boards has no shields on them, Petehall is having mistake i guess. The problem is much probably software and has no other solution than MB change, anyway there's a little chance that that BGA chip that has lines that feed the LVDS cable (FRC chip) has soldering problems. Another little chance of any other thing connected to this chip like ram or V reg. is half short circ.

Comment

Budm - yes sounds very similar to OP, with constant reboots and the voltages seeming ok, although I can't be certain that the image issues I see are the same as OP. I will try to upload a photo later in the week (I've put it aside to work on a different TV for the moment.
                            Davi.p - you could be right about needing a board replacement, but I don't like to give up without a bit of a fight!
                            I'll get the heat gun out and also find some freeze air to see if I can induce any change in behaviour.

Comment

Which image shows? Is it the Logo and stop? This almost always is software conflict. Is it yours? Which is the story? it was connected to the net before the fault? Have you a new if settings has been reset? This can explain why colors are not ok..

Comment

Ive attached a still image from the restarting TV. This is what I see after the start up chine and before it reboots. I haven't taken the back off again yet, but will do so to try applying some heat and cooling of the main board.
                                Attached Files

Comment

I've just tried the heat gun pointed at the bottom of the mainboard and initially I had just the vertical lines shown on the previous image I attached (with regular reboots still) but then the image no longer came up at all and there is no chime between the reboots (relay clicks every 7secs). I tried to let it cool down a bit and tried a little bit of butane (carefully) to try to cool the area but it remains in the 7sec boot state, without any image or chime.
                                  Ill try it again after it fully cools down.

Any further thoughts?

Comment

The fault was not explained well since the first post through 17 posts, next time try to post a picture earlier, it is not funny to do investigation on the nothing, now i see that something can be.wrong on tcon.board, try to hook that one to an external 12v p.supply and see if if goes into protection.
                                    Last edited by Davi.p; 08-01-2020, 06:24 AM. Reason: boh!

Comment

Davi.p I don't understand. Are you saying I should try to connect an external 12VDC supply to the TCON while it is connected to everything else in the TV (VLDS and panel ribbon cables) or are you talking about doing the test of the TCON board on the bench alone? This is not a test I have done/seen before.
                                      The symptoms I explained in post #16 changed after I applied some heat to the bottom area of the main board(refer to post#17), not the TCON, and have not returned even after being turned off for the past 2 hours. There is no image on the display at all anymore, and no chime, but the TV is still rebooting every 7 seconds or so.

Comment

sorry, i forgot to say the tcon only connected to test psu, ok i saw you changed the board behaviour but you can be more precise, what you have warmed up, the processor? how much? until a level of reflowing? have you ever done refllows? it's easy to make some poor reflows that belongs to a not booting board, so i was suggesting to inspect for an original fault, if it's tcon then evaluate the global damage if you cant do reballings
                                        Last edited by Davi.p; 08-01-2020, 12:33 PM. Reason: boh

Comment

Working...
                                        X