Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philips HTS9140 3d Bluray , Which caps needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philips HTS9140 3d Bluray , Which caps needed?

Hey guys ,

I sold my other philips soundbar and bought this defective soundbar. I had the HTS7140 before hoping this one would be even better but unfortunately it is just software and a little design. Boards are all identical.

So all these sets have problems with the main cpu ( bad bga ) and the capacitors going dead.
    I fixed the "starting" problem by reflowing the main cpu and fixed the "speed" of starting up with replacing the capacitors in the powersupply.

With blu-ray it sounds really amazing. Clear sound with a nice bass , nothing to complain there. However , when i connect it via optical in/hdmi and just play some netflix from tv it does not sound good at all. I had the same problem with the HTS7140 and tried different tv's. It sounds a bit hollow and the middle/high tones are more on the background and bass is more up front. Just not clear sound.

So either this soundbar is designed for bluray only OR there is something wrong on one of the boards with the optical input?
    All boards have cheap chinese capacitors. ( Brand = chong ).

Picture attached is the board with optical input.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Moreno83; 06-07-2018, 11:49 AM.
    I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Re: Philips HTS9140 3d Bluray , Which caps needed?

So basically i want to change the capacitors on the mainboard. Is there a specific brand that i should use for these type of boards? Panasonic?

Ps this is not the actual board. It's a scrap board.

Service manual here :

https://www.electronica-pt.com/esque...22e/no_html,1/
    I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

looks to me some did some work on IC103? btw, when I click on the link for the service manual, I get a 404 error.

Comment

https://www.electronica-pt.com/esque...-ver1.2-33760/

Yes this is not the actual board but it is the same as in my soundbar.

Comment

Originally posted by Moreno83 View Post
          https://www.electronica-pt.com/esque...-ver1.2-33760/

Yes this is not the actual board but it is the same as in my soundbar.
          So the pcb in the pictures is not your board? If it is, you might want to check connector CN4001 (bottom right), judging by photo 1 it has a bent pin inside the connector. Beside that, the board's overall build quality isn't quite overwhelming.

Groeten,

re-atari
          Last edited by re-atari; 06-09-2018, 04:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by re-atari View Post
            So the pcb in the pictures is not your board? If it is, you might want to check connector CN4001 (bottom right), judging by photo 1 it has a bent pin inside the connector. Beside that, the board's overall build quality isn't quite overwhelming.

Groeten,

re-atari
            The board on the picture is exactly the same as in my soundbar besides the soldering etc.
            The build quality is indeed very very bad and ALL boards have cheap chinese capacitors on it. Even the small display.....
            I had the HTS8161B before , sold it. Owww wish i didnt!!!

I just checked what capacitors each board has and ordered Panasonic replacement parts. Hopefully it will help because the design is really nice.

Comment

i would suggest you to change all the caps on the logic board and you have a pin crooked in connector cn4001 you need to fix that aswell

Comment

Working...
              X