LG 55UJ6200 TV with bright spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 55UJ6200 TV with bright spots

There are a few bright spots on the screen. I checked on youtube and most probably they are caused by the led lens fell off and can be fix by gluing back the lens.
    But one of the bright spots is actually a bright ring (circled in red as shown on the attached photo). That means a bright spot with a dark center. What is the cause of that bright ring and how to fix it?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tmhobadcap; 03-06-2021, 09:09 PM.

Re: LG 55UJ6200 TV with bright spots

You are correct the lens fell off and the one with the bright ring is probably loose and off center. Best way to fix is replace all with a new set. You can open it up and glue them back on, but you'll be back soon t do it again.

Comment

Originally posted by handsworth View Post
      You are correct the lens fell off and the one with the bright ring is probably loose and off center. Best way to fix is replace all with a new set. You can open it up and glue them back on, but you'll be back soon t do it again.
      Thanks for your reply.

Comment

If you do glue them back on, do it with the panel open and the led's ON, that way you can position the lens so it is in the best spot.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
          If you do glue them back on, do it with the panel open and the led's ON, that way you can position the lens so it is in the best spot.
          If the led is ON, the light coming out is too strong. It is impossible to look at it directly, then how can I find the best position? (Should I wear sun glasses when doing that?) May be I misunderstood your suggestion.

Comment

Best to replace all the strips with new if you are going to open up the TV. Just did this model with bad backlights. Its a Chinese made Skyworth for LG.

Comment

Originally posted by tmhobadcap View Post
              If the led is ON, the light coming out is too strong. It is impossible to look at it directly, then how can I find the best position? (Should I wear sun glasses when doing that?) May be I misunderstood your suggestion.
              Put the lens over the led, turn on the tv and position the lens. The lens is there to spread the light evenly, once placed over the led and moved a bit you will see wher the best position is. If the others are too bright near by, cover them temporarly. I have seen the result of just gluing the lens over the led's and you will see it as well.
              Last edited by R_J; 03-07-2021, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Some led work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk-pRxSlH7U

Comment

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                  X