X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M2n68-AM SE

Hi pals!
    i`m having a problem with this m2n68
    i've tried to figure out my self to not bother you all with these, but i'm on an end road.
    The motherboard had a lot of 6.3V 820MF caps, all blown, i've recaped all of them, but the problem continues
    It only turns on for 2 second and go off. If i unplug the 4 pin CPU connector it`s stay on.
    I've no power on the core, only have 12 volts in the Drain of the VRM on the green square, and no voltage at all on the red squares.
    No VRM 's are shorted, nor hot.
    Any advice will be apreciated
    Regards!!!!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by chano76; 08-17-2019, 06:41 PM.

Re: M2n68-AM SE

Maybe a bad CPU VRM controller (if the EC doesn't receive CPU_PWR_GD signal it will likelly turn off the motherboard)

Comment

Thanks for your help cpt.charlie!
      it's possible that none of the P0903BDG VMR has voltage in the gate nor the source? only 12 V in Drain?

Comment

Have you tried it with a cpu installed? It may require a cpu (VID) before it knows what to set the output voltage to.
        Last edited by R_J; 08-18-2019, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chano76 View Post
          Thanks for your help cpt.charlie!
          it's possible that none of the P0903BDG VMR has voltage in the gate nor the source? only 12 V in Drain?
          The VRM mosfets are driven with short pulses at the gate pin, but as R_J said, you need to install a valid cpu as the VRM controller needs to know the startup VID.

Comment

Working...
          X