Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UA46ES5660 standby light flashes

Hi
    Got this Samsung LED tv. Plug set in standby light comes on steady. Switch on Standby light flashes 2 times for a sequence of 5.On the psu I only get the a5v coming out. Disconnect PSU from Main board, backlights come on and all the PSU voltages come up. When in fault mode there are no voltages on any of the regulators on the main board. Yet the processor must be working otherwise it wouldnt change when the set is switched on. Also none of the chips on the main board are getting warm.
    The PSU board is BN44-00502C

Hoping soene can help

Thanks

Jim

Re: Samsung UA46ES5660 standby light flashes

"Disconnect PSU from Main board, backlights come on" This usually means the backlights and powerboard are ok, try unplugging lvds cable from tcon, see if there's any change, can also try unplug wifi module, take powerboard to mainboard connector off, inspect the ends for any burn looking marks, can also check that cable for continuity. Be careful not to stretch out the connections, I use stripped bread ties to check them but you can usually get the probe on the outside metal part of connector where wire goes into connector.
    Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-09-2022, 03:27 AM.

Comment

Re: Samsung UA46ES5660 standby light flashes

When powering on are any voltages coming up momentarily?
      I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Working...
      X