This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi, i'm from Argentina, Electronic Technician but i don't work of that, at least for now.

I would like to start repairing laptop motherboards, so i reach badcaps.net searching info for try to repair a Toshiba laptop motherboard.

I will navigate the site serching for information and also tryin to help others to suceed.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi, my name is Victor and i work with laptop motherboard repair in Brazil, i'm a electronic tecnical, and i love and hate this work in same time.

it is very gratifying to be able to be part of the community, to exchange experiences and learning in the area

Comment

Hey there
        i am chris and i found the board while searching a possibility to get my macbook unlocked which i bought on auction of lufthansa lost & found stuff which was not requested ^^ with my bill including the sn i went to the apple store and they told me sorry only with the original bill of the purchase. i could change the logic board for about 500 bucks. but damn thats too much to use something what i corretly bought ^^
        so i am here and read a lot in the section about this, but i have to wait for news, bcause the bridgeOS is too new

for me i am from germany, learned in the past repairing smart phones at siemens mobiles. yes it is far far in the past and now i try to repair phones for friends or when i get a cheap one for selling them in a good shape.
        it is more a kind of meditation than the real earning money thing ^^

read ya & bye
        Chris

Comment

Hi there,
          I'm Eric. I've been repairing boards for a few years, mostly replacing caps on TV power supplies and retro computers, and the like. I like to tinker with anything electronic that breaks, trying to fix it or better understand what went wrong for it to fail. I'm looking to fix a blower control board for a three speed Jet air cleaner right now. I found some good info in some posts here while searching the net, so decided to become a member. It looks like there's a ton of good information here. Hopefully I can contribute in the future.
          eric

Comment

Hi All,

I am Sang, I am learning how to repair macbooks at component level. I found this forum is very informative and comprehensive. Thanks for creating such a nice environment to connect people with the same passion. Cheers!!!

Comment

Hello All,

Nice to meet everyone.

Comment

Hello everyone, my name is Max. I have come across this forum a few times but this time I need it for a Panasonic plasma I picked up.

Comment

Hi there! I am a Covax. I have a computer!

Comment

Hello, my name is Bertrand, french biomedical researcher, with basic electronic skills
                    I find this forum particularly amazing, I wonder how I didn't hear about it earlier !

Comment

Hello I'm Paul from Greece.

Comment

HI all from Poland !!!

Comment

Hi. I am dingspro and I am new here.

Comment

Hi, I'm gluton from France.
                            I decided to buy rework station and to learn how to fix bunch of electric stuff I had arround.
                            I'm here to improve knowledge and have some help about fixing them

Comment

Hi guys, just wanted to introduce myself

Comment

Hello World!! I'm Darrell from good old Blighty, I find myself very much dropped into the deep end. basically, I can solder and wield a hot air gun so my mate asked me to work for him, so I now earn a living doing something I have zero training for other than swapping caps and charging sockets, etc so I heard this was the place to learn so here I am

Comment

Hey all,

I'm a former student of electronics and telecommunications and I registered to seek some help repairing a failing LCD Monitor.
                                  I've done some repairs myself, but I need some additional help on this one. I hope you can help me and I hope to help others too when I have the knowledge to.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello! I am from Portugal and i find this fórum because my laptop start to shutdown every 30m sharp

Comment

Hope to find some guidance about Supervisor password removal for almost new Thinkpad X1. I have it in pieces on my table right now. I was looking for bios reset jumper like in good old days but to no avail..

Comment

Hi, I'm starting out in board level repairs. I have completed a rework and microsoldering course however it did not include anything in fault finding and schematic readers.

If anyone knows any decent reading material in microelectronic fault finding, please pm me.

Comment

Hi I'm adjruk

I have no training in electronics at all and am only a consumer.
                                          However, I find that relevant information is very hard to come by
                                          These days as the Internet seems to be being
                                          Reduced to nothing more than a sales pitch.
                                          E.g. have tried yo search for a replacement screen for
                                          A Samsung TU7020 43 inch tv... I challenge anyone
                                          To search that and get something other than a list of amazon and eBay sellers 🙄
                                          So, that's why I've joined this forum because the official technical support recommended by Samsung wanted to charge me approx £10 less than I paid for the thing a year ago, in order to fix the cracked screen... I thought, if I can source a screen, I'll have a bash at it myself... problem is, can not get the right part number for the screen do can't even search for it

Comment

Working...
                                          X