Onkyo tx sr 607 -New DSP chip installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Onkyo tx sr 607 -New DSP chip installed

Hi i recently got Onkyo rx sr607, the problem was it have no sound even in any mode, then i checked the DSP chip, i found that it getting very hot, so i suspect there some internal short inside, I ordered new chip same part number and i replaced yesterday, But sill have no sound , i checked the voltage rail it is in limit as per schematic 1.2 volt and 3.3 volt. but when i am checking the DSP version on Display its showing D: ??/ ????????? like that .. i will appreciate anyone help on this

Re: Onkyo tx sr 607 -New DSP chip installed

I wonder if the DSP chip might have some internal EEPRROM / flash memory, where it has (or should have) some ID and/or configuration data programmed...
    Khron's Cave - Electronics - Audio - Teardowns - Mods - Repairs - Projects - Music - Rants - Shenanigans

Comment

DSP Chip itself have internal ROM? .. i saw a NAND flash ic near by it

Comment

I can't be sure, but i wouldn't be surprised. Either way, i'm pretty sure (detailed) datasheets can't be found for those custom(?) chips.

That being said, if it has a flash chip nearby, that could be part of the problem too.
        Khron's Cave - Electronics - Audio - Teardowns - Mods - Repairs - Projects - Music - Rants - Shenanigans

Comment

HI... good news.. i kept in on condition this onkyo more than two hours after that i just checked the dsp firmware version ,,, success in display its shwoing the version.. but i dont know how it came..i connected speakers and i got sound,, but i restarted the again but its gone.. again display shows bunch of questions mark in dsp firmware.. but now i am kept it on condition

Comment

what will be the cause for it

Comment

Hi ,,, i sort out the problem now .. the problem wass improper soldering ,, one pin of DSP chip ws not solderd properly ,,i soldered it again now its ok:musics

i reach a conclusion now ,, there is no flash rom inside the DSP chip itself

Comment

Thanks for the update. I may have the same soldering issue than, with my TX-NR609. Most likely, I haven't done a good soldering job. It was my first DSP IC soldering job.

Comment

i think your DSP is BGA right?.. in TX SR607 not BGA, ok do soldering and and let me know the result,

Comment

SRT1, are there any other BGA chips on your board?

To me, seeing that it works after a few hours of idle time makes me think that there is a thermal issue, like a bad solder connection which expands and makes connection after the PC board warms up.

-Ben
                    Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Originally posted by ben7 View Post
                      SRT1, are there any other BGA chips on your board?

To me, seeing that it works after a few hours of idle time makes me think that there is a thermal issue, like a bad solder connection which expands and makes connection after the PC board warms up.

-Ben
                      no other bga related to sound processing . my problem was bad soldering of dts chip ..

Comment

were you able to fix the dts chip?

Comment

Originally posted by Badee View Post
                          were you able to fix the dts chip?
                          What you mean

Comment

How do you check your firmware version? I can't find that info. Thanks

never mind, I kept holding the display button...
                            Last edited by St969; 05-21-2018, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X