Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonos Playbar Psu Issue

Hi

I'm trying to fix my sonos playbar which I bough as faulty because It wouldn't turn on. This is a second unit with exactly the same no power problem due to short in bridge rectifier. I've replaced faulty part + the fuse and psu is working but with some issues. Output voltage without any load fluctuating between +15-16V but under a load it drops to +8-9V (default output should be around +15V)
    Pwm IC is FAN6300. I've also noticed that voltage on pin 6 VDD also fluctuating between 9 and 14V. So far I've replaced 3 x 1000uF in the output stage, pwm chip, 2 x 100uF/400V and 100uF cap directly connected to pin 6. There is no short in the output side. I've checked all smd resistors and they seem to be ok.
    I haven't checked all smd caps around pwm IC. Has anyone seen this problem before or have any ideas?

Thanks

Re: Sonos Playbar Psu Issue

model number ?
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
      model number ?
      No sure what do you mean by model number. There is only one playbar in the Sonos speaker family.

Comment

Problem solved, there was an issue with the person how was trying to fix it not the psu.

Comment

Hi @dobrykamil what solved your issue? I've got my hands on a PlayBar that had a dodgy power supply. I fixed the PSU as far as I can tell. Symptoms as follows, PlayBar powers up and is detected by the app however there is are no lights and there is no sound. What are the output voltages that should be generated by the PSU? I have 4 rails outputting close to 16V each.

Comment

Is there a micro controller on this device
            9 PC LCD Monitor
            6 LCD Flat Screen TV
            30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
            10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
            6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
            1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
            25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
            6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
            1 Dell Mother Board
            15 Computer Power Supply
            1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
            2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
            All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Working...
            X