UN55D6000 Blinking Standby Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UN55D6000 Blinking Standby Light

Picked this up yesterday. Was told it just turned off then would only blink and not respond or power up. Don't know how long it was sitting in that condition but when I got it home it seemed to labour (saw the Samsung logo a few times) but came to life. Watched it a few hours. Turned it on and off a few times during that period with no trouble.

Fired up again today but soon shut itself off and will not power up. Blinking standby light.

Voltage at main filter cap(s) is 390v but every 4-5 seconds there is a subtle "tick" and the voltage pulses. With everything plugged in the voltage dropped by about 40v. With Main board and Inverter (though all I see is a connector that disappears behind the panel) disconnected the voltage seems to rise during the "tick" to just over 400v.

Pics in next post. Any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by mmartell; 01-18-2014, 10:18 PM. Reason: clarity

Re: UN55D6000 Blinking Standby Light

And the pics...
    Attached Files

Comment

and a bump..

Comment

I had one. I jumpered the PS on and it did the same. Ordered a new PS and same. I could
        Not get the new PS to jumper and stay on either. I did not know if I got a bad board or iwhat. It was a new not refurbished or from a trashed set. I did not resolve the problem. The A 5vdc was fine. The B 5vdc was ticking on and off. Jumped the PS on with or without load results were the same
        Last edited by Ltank; 01-19-2014, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Exactly, the PS is pulsing with or without load. I assume the A5v is standby and the B5v is generated after Power On signal.

Did you ever find schematics or a service manual for this set ?

Also, how on earth does that lvds cable come out ? It's not a twisted pair type cable and the little tabs seem to be not connected to its removal.

Comment

Quick Start guide (6900 series, step up from 6000 series but overall quite similar):
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

try disconnecting the t-con board and powering up I know you won't see a screen but see if its power supply stays running
              had a very similar situation with a 32 inch version of this Set it turned out to be the tcon board that was causing the problem of course it was tIcking also
              Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Thanks for that. I think I may have some LED's out so I'll try that backlight test. Having a shorted led couldn't lock the set down with the error blink could it ?

Comment

Ya freak I was trying to disconnect that lvds cable but it's not a standard plug and I don't want to force it too much.

Comment

I know it LOOKS standard but those tabs don't do anything !
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mmartell View Post
                      I know it LOOKS standard but those tabs don't do anything !
                      squeeze the 2 tabs sticking out in,push forward,and pull out
                      fixed so far...376 lg lcd tv's,24 onn tv;s,24 panasonic lcd,16 jvc lcd,12 marshall jcm800 amps,refurb of various disco equipment lighting,old style disco decks ,and a flymo!

----------------------------------------------
                      please let us know if everything works ok if your tv gets fixed, as it will be and aid for anyone else having the same problem and wishing to fix it.it would save people clogging up this site with topics that are duplicated,and can be found easily using the search function.,and taking up valuable space.enjoy your fixed tv!,hopefully!

Comment

Originally posted by multimeter View Post
                        squeeze the 2 tabs sticking out in,push forward,and pull out
                        That works for twisted pair pair lvds cables but does NOT work here. I've put enough pressure on these connectors to just about fold them in half. No go.

Comment

On the set I had. The PS was not stable by itself not connected. It would not jump and stay on the B side 5vdc. The main board / tcon combo board was disconnected as was the Led backlight. Two boards did same. Old and brand new
                          Last edited by Ltank; 01-19-2014, 01:46 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

It seems that ALL voltages except Standby (holding steady at 5.39v) are pulsing to their peak with the subtle "tick" of the power supply. Even those designated as inputs like PSON and BLON are pulsing upwards. This is without the Mainboard or backlights connected to the PSU.

Would that not indicate a short in the standby voltage to one or several of the other switched supplies ?

Comment

Originally posted by mmartell View Post
                              That works for twisted pair pair lvds cables but does NOT work here. I've put enough pressure on these connectors to just about fold them in half. No go.
                              how about on the black connector,there is an arrow either side pointing?,would there be a slot for a small screw driver there that pushes an internal tab?
                              fixed so far...376 lg lcd tv's,24 onn tv;s,24 panasonic lcd,16 jvc lcd,12 marshall jcm800 amps,refurb of various disco equipment lighting,old style disco decks ,and a flymo!

----------------------------------------------
                              please let us know if everything works ok if your tv gets fixed, as it will be and aid for anyone else having the same problem and wishing to fix it.it would save people clogging up this site with topics that are duplicated,and can be found easily using the search function.,and taking up valuable space.enjoy your fixed tv!,hopefully!

Comment

Originally posted by multimeter View Post
                                how about on the black connector,there is an arrow either side pointing?,would there be a slot for a small screw driver there that pushes an internal tab?
                                THAT I thought of but seems like a piss-poor design as anything pushed where I think it should go runs the risk of severing the cable below it.

Believe me I feel like an imbecile I'm just taking in the Safe vs Sorry route atm lol.

Comment

BN44 num on PSU - I could have a schematic.
                                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Bn44-00424a

Comment

Some discussion here leading to main board conclusion.
                                      http://www.justanswer.com/tv-repair/...-warranty.html

No schematic I'm afraid.

Comment

If I remember well, there should be a flip up tab and then squeeze and pull.
                                        I had a D6250 with shorted panel. With one ribbon to the panel I had image and with both only backlight.
                                        In these newer TVs, can't be the capacitors?

Comment

Working...
                                        X